Sunday, August 2, 2015

Movin' It... August Challenge (31 Days of Healthy Living)

August 1st, 2015 - Day 1 of the August Challenge

8:00 am - Woke up, took starting measurements (not pretty!), and started my day with a glass of water. Weighed in at 168.6 and 40.6% body fat... grossly unacceptable. That is the same weight I was when I delivered my son 7 years ago. Ugh!

8:30 am - Turning down donuts/kolaches from Shipley's was an easy decision for me. All of the sugar in them upsets my stomach and kolaches taste fattening. Watching my son eat his donuts that were given to him as a special treat did not bother me at all.

9:00 am - Hazelnut flavored coffee w/ 1 tbsp sugar free coffee creamer. Can't give up coffee but I did use a measuring spoon for the creamer which I haven't done in 4+ years.

10:00 am - Feeling anxious. Thoughts of this challenge, saying goodbye to my son for the week, relationships, and not eating breakfast all played a part in my anxiety.

10:30 am - Suja Essentials Organic Mango Magic... sugar levels back to normal, ready to start my day.


1:30 pm - Made plans to go for a bike ride and needed fuel before I left so I made a turkey wrap with a low carb whole wheat tortilla (only 50 calories!), 2 slices of Boar's Head Turkey Breast, handful of diced red onions, and 10 kalamata olive halves. Delicious and surprisingly not dry at all without mayo. 


2:00 pm - Threw on workout clothes and slathered on sunscreen to go for a bike ride around the neighborhood. I am so out of shape! My calves burned, chest was heavy, had terrible cotton mouth, my seat on the bike is uncomfortable which left my crotch feeling used and abused, and just the right handle dug into my hand. But!! It felt incredible to be outside, sun shining with a slight breeze (yes it's 97 degrees out), favorite playlist on, and the high of the outdoor workout lasted hours after the ride was over. Looking forward to going again tomorrow. 

(Did not realize that the GPS was turned off which sucks since I have no idea how far I went or how many calories burned but I lasted 24 minutes... pathetic, I know.)

2:30 pm - Earned that shower!

4:00 pm - Grabbed a snack before dinner. I've recently discovered these broccoli bites that I picked up from Whole Foods in every flavor they had. I like them more than kale chips. The ranch flavor are my favorite though... and yes, I eat the entire bag in one sitting. A bag has 1.5 servings for 225 calories... and yes, I realize that's about one hundred calories more than a snack should be but it's broccoli.


(Check out that ingredient list!)

5:30 pm - We ordered Chinese food for dinner. I really wanted sushi but it's not the best choice. Instead I ordered the steamed chicken and veggies with the sauce on the side and it came with brown rice. So bland. Would have rather had the Hunan Chicken but I was proud of myself for making a healthier choice.


7:30 pm - Part of taking care of myself requires that I do something for me. I chose to sit down with a cup of hot tea and a stack of magazines. I'm a couple months behind so I power flipped through them stopping only on articles that really interest me.




No comments:

Post a Comment