Monday, August 17, 2015

Movin' It... August Challenge (31 Days of Healthy Living) - Day 10

9:00 am - Woke up this morning feeling heavy. Can't stand when I'm bloated because it makes me look pregnant, that would be a much better excuse for my current body shape. I was hungry and made a packet of cinnamon spice oatmeal for breakfast with an extra sprinkling of cinnamon added.

(Impatient and took a photo before it thickened)

10:30 am - Little Man and I went to the Houston Downtown Aquarium. It only takes about a half hour to walk through it. I left it up to Little Man since today is his day and said we could grab lunch here, somewhere else, or have a picnic at a park after. He decided he wanted to eat at the aquarium's restaurant. I turned away the bread and butter basket, ordered water to drink, and it was highly recommended that I try the Mariner's Mixed Grill. It has sliced flat iron steak cooked medium rare, lobster tail, and grilled shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes (I requested it with no potatoes since I figured they'd be loaded with butter and possibly heavy cream), and the seasonal veggie was green beans with red onions and mushrooms. I cannot believe it but the green beans and steak were my favorite part of the meal. The plate also had a melted butter cup which I set aside and did not use. I wish I would have known that the shrimp and lobster would have butter drizzled on them but a little was okay. I was proud of Little Man because he turned down a brownie sundae with ice cream since he was full from his mini cheeseburgers and mac. 

(Mariner's Mixed Grill w/o garlic mashed potatoes and did not use the melted butter)

1:00 pm - After going on the rides Little Man and I were overheated and he asked for Dippin' Dots. It was so hard not to order myself a cookies and cream but I reminded myself that it wouldn't be worth it. Being at the aquarium there are lots of opportunities to catch a vision of your reflection and I didn't like what I saw so passing up the treat was made easier. 

1:30 pm - We called it a day at the aquarium and headed for home since Little Man was ready to relax. I had a raging headache when we left and I know it's from dehydration but also had an inkling it may have been from caffeine withdrawal since I haven't had my cup of coffee yet. 

2:00 pm - Pulled into our local Starbucks drive thru. I had a free reward so I picked up a Venti Iced Coffee with just 1 Splenda. My headache went away. Now it's onto water for the rest of the day. 


6:30 pm - Grabbed a hard boiled egg for a snack. 


9:30 pm - After running a couple of errands I came home hungry and made a couple celery peanut butter boats before I got ready for bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment