Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Doin' Some Cookin'... Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders

I don't know why but whenever I see an "oven fried" recipe I start to dread the egg wash flour dredge process. I also know part of the problem is I don't enjoy sticking my fingers in food. I can't stand them being caked in batter and breadcrumbs. Imagine my cringe face when I make meatloaf and the only way to really incorporate the ingredients is for me to suck it up and get in there with my hands. Ick!


When I came across this recipe for Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders and the dredging wasn't part of the instructions I bookmarked it without hesitation and added the chicken tenders to my grocery list.

(My toughest taste tester, love him!!!)

So glad I did because when Little Man and I sat down for dinner less than 30 minutes later we both loved these tenders and he requested I make these again sometime.

I know your family will enjoy this healthier take on classic chicken fingers. Double the batch if desired for leftovers and to use the tenders for a delicious protein for your salad for your work lunches.

I served these Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders with some steak fries, watermelon, and carrots with some ranch. These tenders would be delicious with some honey mustard too or ketchup as Little Man prefers.

Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Adapted From: Thriving Home
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb chicken tenders
And Action:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cover a metal sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Place the pan in the oven while it is heating up. 

Place flour, Parmesan cheese, old bay seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a quart size Ziploc. Zip it up and shake well to mix.

In another quart size Ziploc add the chicken tenders and olive oil. Zip it up and shake it well to coat the chicken with the oil.

Using a fork, transfer the chicken tenders to the flour mixture. Zip it up and shake it well to coat.

Remove the hot pan from the oven and generously coat with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the chicken tenders on the pan making sure to leave room between each one.

Bake for 15 minutes turning once halfway through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment