Friday, September 8, 2017

Doin' Some Cookin'... California Spicy Crab Stuffed Avocado

One craving I get often is for sushi but that proves to be a problem on occasion when I can't find a riceless option when I'm following Whole30. When I finally get my hands on some sushi I end up eating so much of it in one sitting I overdose on it and don't want it for quite some time.


The same thing happened when I made this California Spicy Crab Stuffed Avocado. Even though the portion wasn't too big if definitely filled me up and I got my fill to satisfy my sushi craving.

It was much cheaper to make at home and the best part is that I was left with enough crab meat for another 2-3 servings for those future cravings freezing the leftover crab in small portions.

This recipe makes for a flavorful low carb lunch. An avocado half gets stuffed, well really stack high with a spicy crab mixture with cucumbers and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and drizzled with soy sauce.

For further cost savings you can substitute the crab for tuna.

California Spicy Crab Stuffed Avocado
Adapted From: Skinnytaste
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 tbsp mayo
  • 1 tsp sriracha
  • 1/2 tsp chives, chopped
  • 2 oz lump crab meat
  • 1/8 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 small avocado, pit and skin removed
  • 1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
And Action:

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sriracha and chives. Lightly toss the crab and cucumber with the mayo mixture until well combined. 

Place the avocado half on a plate and spoon the crab mixture filling the avocado hole and stacking it on top. 

Top with the toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with soy sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment