Monday, August 3, 2015

Movin' It... August Challenge (31 Days of Healthy Living) - Day 2

August 2nd, 2015 - Day 2 of the August Challenge

8:00 am - Woke up and made coffee w/ 1 tbsp sugar free coffee creamer.

I'd like to train my tastebuds to crave veggies instead of french fries. I don't really crave sweets but salty foods. Chips and salsa (guac!) are my weakness. I have a salt tooth and yes, I know that the craving comes from being dehydrated and my body is screaming for more water. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll set myself up for continued healthy eating and working out habits. To be honest, anything I do will be more than what I've been doing the past couple of years.

9:00 am - Threw on workout clothes and headed to the car wash. Just about every other Sunday when Little Man is visiting his dad I love taking the time to hand wash my car and detail the inside. I have such a sense of pride with owning a Premium GT Mustang since I have worked my ass off for the last 8+ years to trade up and get what I really wanted. My first car when I was 16 was a '93 4 cylinder Mustang that didn't have functioning door locks and eventually ran on 3 of the 4 cylinders. I ended up trading it in for what I could afford at the time which was the 2007 V6 Mustang manual in Torch Red with 20" Boss rims. I was obsessed with that car until it experienced getting t-boned twice back to back years and back in May the suspension was effed. It would have been a relatively cheap fix (about $2k) and the car would have been like new again with less than 65k miles but I really wanted the new 2015 Mustang GT and I wasn't going to settle. Instead, I traded in the '07 and put a significant down payment and got my monthly payments to a comfortable amount. I am obsessed with this car!

(*NOT my car but a photo I found online of my first car.)

(Here she is! My Premium 2015 Mustang GT in Magnetic!)

(Here she is all cleaned up)

11:00 am - After finishing the car wash I had scored a free Grande iced beverage from Starbucks so I ordered a White Chocolate Americano and a bottle of water. 


12:00 pm - Received a link from my BeachBody coach for Week 1's meal plan and it took me about an hour to plan out the week and make my grocery list.

2:00 pm - Stopped in at Alamo Drafthouse to see the movie, Vacation. We ordered chips and salsa (his want but remember it's my weakness!) but we split it and they took it away before we were even finished with it. For my entree I ordered the Mexican Salad with Grilled Chicken added and it was amazing. It had mixed greens, avocado, jicama, cotija, tortilla strips, red onion, and a jalapeño lime vinaigrette. My new go to. By the way... you need to see this movie! I laughed the entire time. 

4:30 pm - After the movie we drove down the street to Whole Foods and did our weekly Sunday shopping trip. First trip I didn't add any extras to the cart. 

6:30 pm - We dropped the groceries off and loaded up the truck with five totes overflowing with my son's clothes and toys that he's outgrown and finally decluttered his room. It felt so good to see them out of his room. He has space for a desk now! I can't get over the fact that I'm going to have a second grader. 



7:30 pm - Checked the mailbox and received exciting news when I flipped through the Victoria Secret's Pink catalog and saw that their NFL collection is finally available. Right when I came home I placed an order for two jerseys, my team (Steelers!!) and the other a Cowboys jersey since we started a yearly tradition to wear them for my boss' birthday. 
8:30 pm - Took my "before" pics which I won't be posting until I feel proud of my results. They're cringe worthy. 

9:00 pm - Showered, threw on cozy clothes, and watched Bachelor in Paradise. Got a craving for that Mexican Salad from Alamo Drafthouse and instead brushed my teeth and drank water so I wouldn't binge eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment