Thursday, August 13, 2015

Movin' It... August Challenge (31 Days of Healthy Living) - Day 8

10:00 am - Went to bed around 2 am last night and slept like garbage so I ended up falling in and out of sleep on the couch while Little Man played in the living room. I took my first set of measurements...

Starting                      Present

168.6 lbs                   165.6 lbs
waist: 42"                 41 3/4"
hips: 44 1/4"             44 1/4"
chest: 42"                  42"
right arm: 16 1/2"     16 1/4"
left arm: 15 3/4"       15 1/2"
left thigh: 27 1/5"     27 1/4"
body fat: 40.6%        40.5%

Look at the direction those numbers are going! The 3 lbs is a big motivator.

12:30 pm - Made my first shake with Shakeology. Little Man came into the kitchen to see what I was making and couldn't wait to get the first sip. I mixed a scoop of chocolate Shakeology with 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of vanilla extract (Chocolate Twilight) and shared with him. First taste I wasn't sure how I'd like it but it is good and I'm pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to try more of their shake recipes.



2:30 pm - I had salsa that needed to be ate up that I made at the beginning of the week so I prepared some chicken fajita meat and sauteed a trio of bell peppers before finishing them off in the grill pan. Made Little Man a taco with a side of cantaloupe for lunch and I ate mine over a bed of romaine lettuce and topped it with salsa. Those bell peppers are crave worthy! I will be making another batch sometime as side dishes. That good!



6:00 pm - Made a "fried" egg white with 2 slices of Canadian bacon.


7:00 pm - Still hungry so I made 2 turkey lettuce wraps drizzled with yellow mustard.


7:30 pm - I really wish the Pizza Hut commercials for their Hershey's Triple Chocolate Brownies would stop airing. Brownies are the only dessert I cannot say no to. My bestie who is also a teammate (coworker) knows this and loves to sabotage my diet efforts with a square every once in a while. She's such a bitch!! Haha!!! As paybacks I'll run to Starbucks and pick her up a coffee and order hers "full fat" rather than skinny. But really, she's incredibly motivating as she took on a challenge a couple years ago to run her first half marathon and stuck through with her training and completion of her first. Very inspiring!

8:30 pm - Because we were having a relaxing evening watching TV I saw that damn commercial numerous times and Little Man finally got hungry for dinner. We ended up grabbing Chick-Fil-A. I had their Asian Salad with no wontons. I tried to go dressing free as long as possible until I hit a bitter leafy taste. I added the honey Thai almonds. Went as long as I could go without dressing until I hit another bitter leafy taste. I poured the dressing into a small container and dipped my fork in it before stabbing the salad to take a bite. Only used 1/2 the packet instead.


10:00 pm - After laying Little Man down for bed I put on workout clothes and performed my Beachbody Coaches' assigned daily homework, burpees. These things suck! Afterward I put in the Dirty 30 Extreme DVD and made it as far as I could into it. My shoulders, abs, and thighs were on fire. 




No comments:

Post a Comment