Saturday, August 15, 2015

Movin' It... Movin' It... August Challenge (31 Days of Healthy Living) - Day 9

11:00 am - We finally decided to get ready to go grocery shopping since we were hungry and running low on provisions. Little Man really wanted to go to Los Cucos and have their Sunday brunch buffet. I know you can eat healthy(ier) anywhere and agreed. I can't stress about these types of situations but instead keep in mind, veggies, proteins, and complex carbs. I passed up the cinnamon toast, rice pudding, refried beans, chile rellenos, tacos, rice, red pork, and barbacoa. I even passed up the chips and guacamole. My plate had iceberg lettuce topped with pico de gallo and a lime wedge with a large spoonful of chicken fajitas with onions. It was hard to watch Little Man eating his yummies but I was shocked that I only had one serving and that filled me up. Their coffee tastes like a treat because it has a caramel flavor that I sweetened with 1 stevia packet. This was the first time I left this place without feeling uncomfortably stuffed and I had no guilt.

(I also had one scrambled egg but ate that before I took a pic.)

1:00 pm - Made our weekly grocery trip to Whole Foods. Today was a struggle because they were making fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and the aroma filled the store. Ugh! That and keeping the Pizza Hut commercials for the Hershey's Triple Chocolate Brownies is really testing my willpower. I also passed up being offered a slice of pizza for lunch and fought the urge to order The Houstonian sandwich from the deli which had turkey, fig spread, apples, spring mix, and brie. Stuck to my list again this week. Another victory.

3:00 pm - Needed new jeans so I made a trip to American Eagle to take advantage of tax free weekend and their Buy One Get One 50% Off Jeans Sale. Sad but true... my fat thighs rub so hard against each other that they wore out that area on my jeans and had huge holes. I ended up buying 2 pairs of jeans and 2 jackets that were on clearance. Planning ahead. 

4:00 pm - Finally getting hungry. Little Man sometimes will throw out dinner ideas and he really wanted grilled cheese and ham sandwiches with a side of roasted broccoli. Because I'm following the "Countdown to Competition" eating plan from BeachBody I wanted to stay away from cheese but made the exception for his dinner since he actually gets involved and helps make dinner. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

5:00 pm - Sat down and ate our dinner. I love my grilled cheese sandwiches with mustard. My sandwich had 1 slice of smoked cheddar cheese and 2 slices of canadian bacon, the bread was not spread with butter but instead pan fried in a little bit of olive oil. So good!


6:30 pm - Took Little Man to Target to get his back to school clothes. He's so easy to shop for!!

8:00 pm - Started to get tired so I made a Mocha Chiller shake from Shakeology. Helped with giving me some energy and satisfied my craving those brownies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment