Monday, March 23, 2015

Livin' It Up... Avoiding Parenting Burnout

Weekends Little Man is with his dad I try my best to recharge my batteries because the work weeks are long and kick my ass. I struggle to stay on top of work, parenting, health and fitness, relationships, and just life in general. My plate if always full and weighted with mommy guilt so I tend to take little time for myself.

Sometimes there is no where I'd rather be than in bed. I've gotten better about understanding that when I take time for me I do better in my daily life. I find myself taking naps throughout the weekend or doing "just for me" things. The only time I surface is for food or low key events like dinner and drinks with the girls or running non-dreaded errands like grocery shopping (yes! I love my weekly grocery trips since I love to menu plan too).

This weekend in particular I need all the rest I can get because I've come down with something and need to shake this as soon as possible so I can go back to my ass kicking ways. The weather is perfect for it too since the rain keeps me inside anyway and I get to lounge around in these new jammies!!!




Some of the "just for me" ways I recharge:

  • Sleeping in and naps! 
  • Curling up with a giant mug of coffee and a book.
  • At home spa day, especially love taking a hot shower, exfoliating my entire body and slathering on body butter. I'll even give myself a mani/pedi too. 
  • RomComs on Netflix with the lights dimmed and candles lit. 
  • Browse websites of my favorite fashion bloggers and Pinterest.
  • Working out, my favorite is going to the basketball court and shooting some hoops or heading to the driving range to whack the shit out of the golf balls. 
  • Time with my friends.
  • Working on unfinished projects.
  • Sneak away to the beach for the day. 

Speaking of naps, check out these t-shirts I picked up:


Currently reading:





No comments:

Post a Comment