Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Kale Guacamole

Little Man loves avocados and really enjoys them in guacamole. I'm all for sneaking veggies into his diet as much as I can and by sneak I mean I'll tell him what's in the food he's eating once he states he likes it. If he turns his nose up to it, I won't tell him what he just ate.

This is the first time I've ever heard about mixing kale into guacamole. I wasn't sure what to expect but chopping the kale finely is the key so it blends well with the avocado. I prefer my guacamole chunky so I smashed it with a spoon rather than running it through the food processor.

We both agreed that this is our new go to recipe. You won't even notice the kale, Little Man didn't, and I was able to sneak a superfood into his diet along with the superfood powers of avocados.


Probably should rename this recipe GuaKALEmole.

Kale Guacamole
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 2 avocados
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
  • 1 cup kale, finely chopped or pulsed in the food processor
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
  • 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
And Action:

Smash avocado and mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment