Monday, March 16, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Ribeye Steak with Rosemary Salt Crust

Growing up my parents would grill steak for them and burgers for us. I didn't even know what steak tasted like until I was a freshman in high school. I'll never forget my first time... eating a steak. It was cooked medium with a loaded baked potato and corn on the cob. I remember taking my first bite and I was in love. It had an amazing salt and pepper crust. Steak was a special occasion dinner and that occasion must have been when it was my dad's weekend with me because I don't remember having it that often. Ha!

Steak made it's way onto the menu for dinner this week. Not quite sure how, but I don't question my ways.

Monday's suck, steak doesn't... and this was the perfect meal to kick off the work week. You know, Little Man got his first taste of steak at 6 years old and he understood what it is to fall in love like I did and he ate more than I did.

Serve this up with a side of roasted vegetables, a mix of fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, and brussel sprouts and fall in love with steak... and Mondays.


Ribeye Steak with Rosemary Salt Crust
Adapted From: Food Network
Makes 2 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 lb prime ribeye steak
  • olive oil
  • fresh ground tri-color peppercorns, to taste
  • ground thyme, to taste
  • dried rosemary, to taste
  • sea salt, to taste
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
And Action:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sear the ribeye until it has a nice golden brown color, about 3 minutes per side.

Combine 1 tbsp olive oil and spices in a small bowl. Pour over the ribeye. Place the skillet in the oven and reduce the heat to 275 degrees. Roast for 10 minutes for a medium-rare or 15 minutes for medium. Remove from the oven and let the steak rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment