Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Grapefruit and Watercress Salad

This is my first time I've ever knowingly ate watercress and endive. Watercress has a peppery bite like arugula but not as harsh and endive, well, I can't say it tasted like anything to me, I've read that it has a bittery taste. To me it was part of the recipe as more of a filler to help bulk up this salad. Anyway, this salad was absolutely refreshing, light, and filling. I could have slurped that dressing up with a straw, that good. 


I inhaled this salad, for your information, you might not want to inhale while you take a bite... the vinegar and black pepper sucked into your throat will most definitely make you cough, err, not that I would know firsthand or anything. 

Grapefruit and Watercress Salad
From: Food Network
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 grapefruit, peeled, segmented, squeeze 1 tbsp juice and reserve
  • 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
  • 1 endive, chopped
Whisk the grapefruit juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine the watercress, endive, and grapefruit in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment