Saturday, March 21, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Banana Chai Smoothie


With everything I have going on with being a mom and work obligations I need quick, easy, and delicious breakfast options. Smoothies are the perfect go to. This Banana Chai Smoothie was so much better than I expected. Not gonna lie, when I was whipping it up in the blender I was less than enthused but after the first sip I changed my tune. This has a slight heat to it but cooled by the bananas and coconut milk.

Think I'll skip the Starbucks Soy Chai Latte and blend one of these instead when I'm craving chai spice because with a breakfast like this you skip the mid-morning hungries and gets you through to lunchtime. So much healthier for you too.

Banana Chai Smoothie
Adapted From: Wholefood Simply
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 1/2 frozen bananas
  • 2 tbsp frozen coconut milk
  • 1/4 tsp each: ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, ground cloves, and ground ginger
  • 1 cup coconut water
And Action:

Pulse all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment