Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Livin' It Up... New Bedding!!!

(In the Omni Hotel Dallas lobby, Christmas-time 2012)

My guilty pleasure is staying at the Omni Hotel Dallas. On a trip to Kansas a couple of years ago we decided to spend the night in Dallas. Little Man got excited about the hotel that was "completely lit up with lights on the side of the building". After looking at Expedia for room rates and discovering The Omni was well rated and fairly priced it was an easy decision to give it a try. To all of our surprise it ended up being the exact hotel that Little Man was excited about.

We've been back at least 10 times since and have had nothing but great experiences. We always get a downtown view and leave the blinds open the entire time watching the traffic and people walking the streets. There is also a television imbedded in the bathroom mirror which is a nice distraction while getting ready for the day, green electricity system powered by your room key, sign up for their Select Guest program to receive complimentary WiFi, and they have the most comfortable beds! Oh em gee!


I don't know what it is about their beds/bedding but it induces sleep. We went over Thanksgiving break and stayed for three days. Seems like most of my time in Dallas is spent at the hotel rather than exploring the town. We'll grab a coffee from Morsels (Starbucks with a select menu) and people watch in the lobby by the fire place, and we eat at their onsite restaurants, Texas Spice or The Owner's Box. I'll always treat myself to their Huevos Rancheros from Texas Spice on the last morning of my stay. Crave worthy!


Every time we stay we end of having one day where we want to stay in the room the entire day. I'll sit in front of the window on the chaise lounge (depending on the room you get) to read and people watch. When I get tired I'll jump into bed and fall asleep watching TV. It's so relaxing and much needed to recharge my batteries.


The bedding is so incredibly comfortable that I just had to buy some for my place. Yes! You can buy it online from their hotel website.

As part of my health/fitness goals to get more sleep I'm thanking this bedding for the restful sleep I've been getting lately. It's like being on vacation every night.


No comments:

Post a Comment