Saturday, January 24, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Cranberry Cleanse

I'm trying to do things that help with the functionality of my body. I've been eating healthier and making workouts a priority. Outside of seeing some weight loss I'm not noticing any other results yet.  Sometimes I think about how it would be nice to have a view into my body so I can see that eating all of these kale salads is really helping to detoxify my body and that it's not just a placebo effect.


Speaking of detoxing my body, as part of the 21 Day Flat Belly Challenge it was suggested to start the day with a Cranberry Cleanse. Supposedly it provides an energy boost while nourishing the liver, intestines, and kidneys while working to flush the body of accumulated waste.

I can't vouch for the above but I can tell you this concoction isn't too bad to throw back. Just be sure to have that water chaser handy.

Cranberry Cleanse
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 oz cranberry juice
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • a glass of water as a chaser
And Action:

Combine the cranberry juice, vinegar, and lemon juice together in a glass. Drink the concoction and chase with the glass of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment