Thursday, January 8, 2015

Livin' It Up... Resolutions 2015

I don't know what it is about Mondays and the New Year being like a giant reset button when it comes to making life changes. Every year I say, "NO!" to making New Year's resolutions and after a week a sort of guilt washes over me and I finally sit down and make a list of good intentions for the year.


As far as 2014 went I had about 5 or 6 items on the list of resolutions and only really accomplished one of them which was to "pay it forward". At the start of the Thanksgiving season I visited the website, GoFundMe, and selected families to donate to whose stories tugged at my heart strings. My contributions were small, $5 to $10, but I spread about $100+ throughout the Houston area. Depending on how active the families are on the website you can opt in to receive email updates of their stories. The most rewarding feeling was receiving personalized thank you messages from those families.

Because it felt so good fulfilling random acts of kindness this will definitely be a repeat for 2015. Here's my list of resolutions, a much heftier list than last year:
  1. Pay It Forward
  2. Lose 40 Pounds
  3. Do Something For Myself Once A Week... A nap sounds like a decadent treat.
  4. Nurture Friendships
  5. Travel To New Places
  6. Be The One To Reach Out... I'm terrible when it comes to out of sight, out of mind. 
  7. 6 Month's Worth Of Living Expenses Saved
  8. Get 8 Hours Of Sleep!!
  9. Declutter
  10. Drink More Water
  11. Walk To Work When I Can
  12. Learn To Use My Camera... Reach for my iPhone out of convenience when I have a really nice camera. 
  13. Download New Music
  14. Leave Work Earlier
  15. Say No To Fast Food
  16. Work On My Handwriting
  17. Dive Deeper In My Hobbies
  18. Start A Garden
  19. Follow Through On A New Year's Resolution, HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment