Saturday, January 3, 2015

Livin' It Up... Cleaning Up My Space


Clean In The Morning:

Chores, ugh! It helps to put the most daunting tasks at the beginning of the day when I'm most recharged from a good nights' sleep and it's out of the way to enjoy the rest of the day.

Put A Time Limit On It:

Being a person who likes routine and schedules, I'll set a timer for one hour a day and clean. Because the house gets cleaned daily it makes it easier to give something a quick wipe down just to maintain it's shine and minimal messes to clean up.

Make A List:

I've created a spreadsheet for each room and will work my way through the list during my hour of cleaning remembering where I left off the day before. A spreadsheet of chores is kinda like the Google Maps of cleaning.

Put On Music:

I avoid distractions such as a favorite TV show since I get sucked into the show and won't put a lot of effort into cleaning. Instead I put on a favorite music channel, crank it up, and get to cleaning. It is a slight distraction when a song comes on that makes me wanna shake my ass I have to take a minute or two break.

Reward Yourself:

Everyone deserves a pat on the back for accomplishing the task at hand. Why not be the one to give it to yourself? Treat yourself to brunch (hello! eggs benedict!) or lounge around in the newly cleaned space.

My "Dust Bustin'" Playlist:

* Jet: Are You Gonna Be My Girl
* Mark Ronson: Uptown Funk
* Taylor Swift: Blank Space
* Taylor Swift: Shake It Off
* Meghan Trainor: Lips Are Moving
* Trey Songz: Bottoms Up
* Modest Mouse: Float On
* Alex Winston: Host
* Jenny Owen Youngs: Pirates
* Walk The Moon: Shut Up And Dance
* Ciara: 1, 2 Step
* Florence And The Machine: Dog Days Are Over
* MGMT: Kids
* Ra Ra Riot: Dance With Me
* MC Hammer: U Can't Touch This
* Sir Mix-A-Lot: Baby Got Back
* Fall Out Boy: Young Volcanoes
* Ingrid Michaelson: Girls Chase Boys
* Weezer: Buddy Holly
* Lou Bega: Mambo No. 5
* Avril Lavigne: Sk8r Boy
* Avril Lavigne: Here's To Never Growing Up
* Big Sean: I Don't Fuck With You
* Beyonce: 7/11
* Spice Girls: WannaBe
* Ain't No Love: Summa
* Sam Smith: I'm Not The Only One
* Hozier: Take Me To Church
* Lana Del Rey: Summertime Sadness
* Ariana Grande: Problem
* Kenny Loggins: Footloose
* Billy Joel: Uptown Girl
* Iggy Azalea: Work
* Petey Pablo: Could You Get Me Outta Jail
* The Cataracs: Big Dipper
* Kiesza: Hideaway
* 3Oh!3: My First Kiss
* The All American Rejects: Gives You Hell
* Dusty Springfield: Son Of A Preacher Man
* Alt-J: Left Hand Free
* MKTO: Classic
* Passion Pit: Take A Walk
* AJR: I'm Ready
* 5 Seconds Of Summer: She Looks So Perfect
* The Vamps: Can We Dance
* Devo: Whip It
* Bon Jovi: You Give Love A Bad Name
* Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen
* Katrina And The Waves: Walking On Sunshine
* Rixton: Wait On Me
* Milky Chance: Stolen Dance
* OneRepublic: Love Runs Out
* The Kooks: Seaside
* Hall & Oats: Rich Girl
* Latch: Disclosure &
* Barry Louis Polisar: All I Want Is You
* Marina And The Diamonds: Oh No!
* Karmin: Brokenhearted
* Becky G: Shower
* Selena Gomez: The Heart Wants What It Wants
* Macklemore: Thrift Shop
* The Weeknd: Often
* Mumford & Sons: Awake My Soul







No comments:

Post a Comment