Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Crock Pot Meatloaf

Meatloaf is the only meal Little Man will request. I've only made it once in his 6 years under my roof. He must be getting it elsewhere and needing his fix. Ha! He randomly requested a meatloaf sandwich recently and told him I'd need to plan for it so I could gather the needed ingredients. Between you and me, meatloaf isn't something I crave or get excited about cooking. After my first attempt at a glazed meatloaf and three days worth of leftovers I think I had my fill for another 20+ years. It was such a heavy meal. Ugh!

But... anything for my son. This time no food processor and instead an easier cooking method, the crock pot. I mean easy!

So easy, I took a quick break from work to put this together. I had all of the ingredients mixed, shaped into a loaf, and set in the crock pot within ten minutes. No one even knew I left the building. One of the perks of living right across the street from work. Shh! Our little secret.

It was so nice coming home from work and only needing to put together a side dish, and the house smelt amazing. I served the meatloaf with a side of roasted carrots. Little Man ate two helpings of the meatloaf!!!


This meatloaf was not as heavy tasting as the glazed meatloaf and had me looking forward to leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I'll be making this one again but with more spices.

Crock Pot Meatloaf
Adapted From: Moms With Crockpots
Makes 6 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
  • 1 (1 oz) envelope french onion dip mix
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
And Action:

Line the crock pot with aluminum foil, coming up the sides for easier removal once cooked.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and french onion dip mix. Mix well, then add meat. Mix thoroughly and shape into a rectangle or oval that won't touch the sides of the crockpot. Place in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. 

Minutes before its finished cooking brush the top with ketchup. Cover and allow to finish cooking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment