Thursday, January 22, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... BLT Lettuce Wraps

This is an unbelievable truth... I stopped liking bacon for the last couple years. It may have been caused by the ultimate BLT that I made turning my tongue raw from a sandwich that was like a salt lick.

Here's another unbelievable truth... After watching the movie, Supersize Me, I went out and ate McDonald's. Almost too much. My excuse was wanting to win a million dollars playing their Monopoly game.


And another unbelievable truth... After watching the movie, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, the sequel, I craved bacon after one of the rebooters (term for a person going on a juice cleanse) ordered a baconator from Wendy's.

My take away is that I need to stop watching food documentaries. I clearly do not get scared straight.

Scared enough, however, to not order a baconator and instead make these BLT Lettuce Wraps.

And yes... my love affair with bacon is back. Everything in moderation.

BLT Lettuce Wraps
Adapted From: Jackie's Happy Plate
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 slices cooked applewood smoked bacon
  • handful of grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 whole romaine leaves
  • 1 tbsp mayonaise
  • black pepper, to taste
And Action:

Spread each lettuce leaf with a 1/2 tbsp mayo. 

Sprinkle with pepper.

Top each lettuce leaf with 2 slices of bacon and half of the tomatoes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment