Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Livin' It Up... Whole30 Experience Round 1

The Biggest Loser challenge is set up this year to have participants be a team with their department. My team consists of eight members and go by the name C.I.A. (Chicks In Action) which was changed to C.I.A. (Chubs in Action) after two boys decided to join us.

We had our first weigh in and I was down about five pounds with the highest weight loss for the females on the team. Wahoo!!!

Talk about motivation.

No really, let's talk about motivation. One of my teammates came over and stated that she needed to concentrate on working out and eating healthier this week. Being the female team lead I blurted out, "Then let's make a side bet!" We agreed that come Monday (01/17) we were going to compete against each other to the following Monday (01/25) and see who could have the most pounds lost. I want to see her beat me but I am highly competitive and still have every intention to win.

Another teammate came up to me after weigh in and stated that she was going to jump back on a diet that worked for her where she dropped ten pounds in her first round of Whole 30 after having a gain in our first two weeks of the competition.

I'm all for supporting my teammates and exclaimed, "I'll do it with you!"

I have zero clue what Whole 30 is. I spent last night doing some research and now I'm ready to embark on a 30-day gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free, alcohol-free diet.

What I'm looking forward to is weight/fat loss, increased energy, clear skin!!! (I've been breaking out like crazy. True story, growing up I never had more than one zit at a time. Now I'll get small clusters. Grr!!!), less bloat which means hello! flat tummy, and improved sleep quality.

Here's goes it...

Starting weight is 165.4 lbs and body fat is at 39.7%

Day 1: Motivated by making one good choice after another. 

It's 8:00 am and I'm starting to get hangry.

Breakfast: cup of black coffee with two hard boiled eggs and 1 cup of cherub tomatoes

Went to Alamo Drafthouse to see the movie, The Big Short, and ordered their Asian Chicken Salad with no wontons and dressing on the side with a glass of water for lunch.

Afterward, picked up groceries for the week from Whole Foods and had a black coffee with coconut milk.

For dinner I had a salad with a side of steamed beets with ginger and a piece of rotisserie chicken.

How'd the day go?


While watching the movie it was hard to not ask for a chicken tender or even just one french fry. We usually have junk food and shakes as well. There was a scene in the movie where they were eating ice cream and I wanted it so bad. Cravings fought all day.

My energy levels were high today but I did crash around 9:30pm while watching the movie, Sicario, just to wake up an hour later by this nosy ass disrespectful neighbor. Because I was up I just had to finish the movie. It's fantastic!

I began to bloat late in the evening but also noted from my calorie counting app that I got more than double the suggested daily fiber requirement. Time to pop a Tums and celebrate the completion of day one.
Day 2: Drink lots of water and keep making good choices.

Sundays are my weigh days. I stepped on the scale first thing this morning. I'm down another 0.4 lbs. Not quite the half pound goal I set for myself to lose each week but a loss is a loss and the scale is headed in the right direction.

I'm grateful for the Biggest Loser challenge at work for the extra motivation because every part of my body started exploding, I was beginning to look like Professor Klump from The Nutty Professor. Bringing on my inner Buddy Love!!

This morning I enjoyed a cup of bulletproof coffee (black coffee blended with coconut oil) and added 1tsp of cocoa powder and ground cinnamon. Today was the Chevron Houston Marathon and in support I watched coverage to support two of my friends who were running the half.

I have no desire at this moment to become a runner but I am impressed by those who do this.

While watching the Seahawks vs Panthers game a commercial for mozzarella sticks from McDonald's came on. Those didn't entice me but the thought of them from Alamo Drafthouse did. Thankfully a movie was not planned for today but then again, my determination is strong and I'm still full from my ham and veggie scramble that I made for breakfast today around 11am. Then again, a commercial for Papa John's came on and as they pulled the slice away from the pie it looked so good... maybe I'm just missing cheese which is odd because I don't eat a lot of cheese as it is.

I did laundry and a weight routine for getting rid of back fat and bra overhang while watching the game. I also guzzled down lots of water infused with cucumber and mint. So refreshing!

After half time of the football game I needed a snack so I made some Monkey Salad which is a sliced banana topped with a handful of unsalted cashews and 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes. Unsalted cashews suck.

How'd the day go?


Still in high spirits and felt like I kicked today's ass with making healthy choices and my hunger levels were lower. I got this!

It's still too soon to comment on sleep quality. 

Day 3: Set an example for family and friends.



I was in the best mood today which is surprising for a Monday.

Steak with a side of roasted sweet potatoes and spinach salad with apples and toasted hazelnuts with balsamic vinaigrette for dinner definitely helped with my mood.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Day 4: Set some goals, then demolish them.

Woke up this morning and after hair and makeup I put together my breakfast to take to work but did not have high hopes because I do not enjoy reheated eggs. I made a chicken sausage, onion, and spinach two egg scramble and packed it up in tupperware. When I finally got hungry I reheated it and to my surprise it was amazing!

My hunger levels were low today, I didn't need a snack in the afternoon.

Didn't get hungry until after Little Man's swim class and made us a bunless turkey burger on a bed of spinach topped with tomato, red onion, pico de gallo and served with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
How'd the day go?


I'm slowly learning how to be more mindful of my eating and really listening to my body eating when I'm hungry.

I've been tracking my sleep with my FitBit and have noticed that I'm beginning to get better quality/deep sleep.  

Day 5: I'm not starting over!



I was able to spring out of bed at 4am this morning to go to the gym and get a 30 minute workout in. It made me feel so accomplished and I ended up with half of my steps for the day... all before 5:30am.

Tonight's dinner was sautéed chicken with roasted veggies. I am a sucker for roasted veggies and struggle with stopping when I'm full. So here I am, uncomfortably stuffed and feeling guilty. Gah!!

Feeling incredible and excited about moving forward because I do not want to start over again.

Day 6: Lead the pack.



This morning I needed to scrub off the dead skin from my lips. This winter has been torture on my skin. While I was brushing the scrub on my lips it didn't occur to me that I was using sugar scrub. Then I had this panic moment of "oh shit!" and wondered if the little bit that I licked off my lips was against Whole30. I got over it real quick when I smacked my lips together after slathering them with Blistex Complete Moisture. Feels like butter! Ha! 

With kissable lips I was ready for the day.

I stopped at Starbucks this morning to grab a black coffee with cocoa powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It tasted burnt. Couldn't swallow it, $2 wasted. I was bummed having to resort to our coffee at work but it was a step up.

Extremely hungry this morning so I had some cantaloupe and mango. Forgot to snap pics since I was so hungry.

Lunchtime came and I was invited out by my bestie coworker to go to Kroger with her. I wasn't tempted to pick anything up even though I was hungry. She did suggest we grab Starbucks while we were there so I had a Venti Chai Tea. Boring. Thankfully I had a free reward and didn't feel guilty about not finishing it all.

Back at work I heated up leftovers for lunch. London broil with roasted butternut squash and asparagus. Two guys from work told me how good my food looked. "You made that?!!"

Day 7: "But I want this so bad."

Dropped Little Man off at school and went back home and propped my feet up in front of the TV until it was time to head to Little Man's school to have lunch with him.

What? Off on a work day? Yes!! I rarely take time off and sometimes I hit the wall if I don't recharge my batteries. I scheduled a day off from work about a month in advance knowing that I wanted to deep clean the house. There are corners of the house I've never touched and we've been here four years. What the eff is wrong with me?!!

I am so out of shape and need more conditioning for housecleaning. My shoulders burn from scrubbing the doors clean... there are seven of them but damn! I'm burnt out now.

Didn't get hungry until 10:30am-ish and knew that I had some Italian chicken sausage that needed to be ate up and planned to make another scramble, but when it came time to make it I was so not looking forward to it. I had to keep repeating this chant over and over out loud, "but I want this so bad!!" All of these egg scrambles I've been making for breakfast remind me of all of the brunches I've got to enjoy over the years and it makes me miss having a couple of bloody marys to go with it. I'm beginning to loss my steam.

Because of this not want to eat another egg scramble I only ate half of it. I don't feel deprived and know that it's about making it through one meal at a time. Already looking forward to lunch.

By the way... I'm also eating when my body says I'm hungry, not every four hours like science suggests. I'm not the best at understanding science but I sure do a good job at listening to my body's cues of hunger.

Being at home is tough because I know there are so many yummies available that are not Whole30 compliant. I vegged out while catching up on TiVo'd shows, literally vegged. I normally would have grabbed popcorn or nuts but today I had cucumber slices. "But I want this so bad!!"

Dinner was a struggle tonight because I was invited to dinner but they had no idea where they wanted to eat so I couldn't look at a menu ahead of time and come to terms with meal choice. Once I pick something I won't look at the menu except to double check and make sure my choice is there. Well, we ended up at Hooters. I quickly looked at MyFitPal in hopes that it would steer me to a healthier choice and the Grilled Chicken Garden Salad without dressing came up. So I ordered it without the cheese or croutons with lime vinaigrette. Good intentions.

They ordered an appetizer of chips and queso. Because I was hungry my tolerance level was low and watching them eating the food was pissing me off. I didn't even have a nibble. "But I want this so bad!!"

When my salad came out it had the cheese and croutons. Grr!!! I picked off the croutons and did my best to take off as much of the cheese as possible. The grilled chicken was so tender and the lime vinaigrette made up for not ordering what I really wanted. The salad filled me up and I left satisfied.

The temps are freezing so when we made it back home I boiled water for some tea and am now curled up on the couch with socks on and a blanket.
How'd the day go?


My energy level was high until after cleaning the house for an hour and a half. It's almost 8pm which is when I start getting tired on the weekdays but I'm still going strong right now.

I had the best night of sleep I've had since tracking it when I got my FitBit Charge back on New Years getting 4 hours and 15 minutes of actual sleep. I was in bed from 10:30pm-6:00am.

As I mentioned, I was highly irritable today and became somewhat food obsessed today. Dreading meals, craving carbs, and wanting to punch others in the face for making unhealthy choices around me.

However, I can't believe it's been one week because I'm so ready to tackle week 2.

Day 8: "Don't believe me just watch!" - Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars



Since starting Whole30 I have not found myself hungry but I am fighting cravings and getting burnt out on eggs for breakfast. Had to switch it up by making Monkey Salad which is a sliced banana topped with cashews and coconut flakes sprinkled with cinnamon powder. Yummy!! Looked at the bowl and thought "Wow! Looks like a lot of food!"

Little Man woke up with a cold. Hoping I don't come down with it but will be picking up some chicken soup without the noodles just in case.

I was so hungry today and the weekends are when I generally slip on my healthy choices but I powered through and made one good choice after another. Yay!

Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

Day 9: If I quit now I will soon be back to where I started. When I started I was desperate to get to where I am now.

Woke up early this morning around 5am waiting for Little Man to wake up. Hours passed so I put on a movie on Netflix and ended up passing out on the couch and woke up around 10am.

It's weigh day and I'm down another 1.9 pounds for a total of 6.1 pounds lost since January 4th!! If I keep up at this pace of losing an average of two pounds a week I could possibly lose a total of 22 pounds by the end of our Biggest Loser challenge at work. Final weigh in is March 25.

Grocery day is generally on Sundays so we got ready to head to Whole Foods which is about thirty minutes away.

We were hungry and decided on lunch at El Tiempo. I was so proud of myself avoiding the chips and salsa and making a healthy choice from their menu. They had a gluten-free salad that had mango, jicama, and strawberries tossed in a mango and black pepper dressing. To make it more hearty I asked if they could add some spicy grilled shrimp. It was so satisfying, I was stuffed when we left, and boxed up the leftovers to enjoy later in the day.

I've still got a sick kid on my hand and made sure we stocked up on plenty of chicken noodle soup. While at the restaurant he ordered their chicken tortilla soup and what I loved about it was that the toppings were all on the side so the soup alone was Whole30 compliant loaded with veggies, chicken, and a delicious broth. I made sure to get some for myself just in case I come down with the sickness I'll need to have this on hand so I don't derail the diet after going strong for 8 days.

Cooking most of our meals has never been an issue or the dishes that came with doing so but for some reason it seems like there is a mountain of dishes every day. I'm starting to dread doing them but it's so worth it especially after seeing that the scale is rewarding me.

Speaking of dishes... I had them going in the dishwasher, a load of Little Man's clothes washing and him fresh out of the shower... stupid me, jumped into the shower just to run out of hot water before I could get the shampoo lathered. It was freezing. I don't think I've moved that quick all week.
How'd today go?


I was a little bit more tired than normal waking up and needed a nap this morning. After that I had plenty of energy and was ready to tackle the day.

My hunger levels were low today but I think it's because I felt satisfied with my food choices and didn't have any cravings. 

Day 10: Redefine your idea of reward. 

I'm 1/3 of the way through this round of Whole30!! Wahoo!!

Woke up this morning at 4am and made it to the gym for a 30 minute workout on the treadmill. I even attempted to run for as long as I could which was pathetic to say the least... 2 minutes. 

I did get my 10,000 steps in today and am currently the leader of the "Workday Hustle" challenge group my coworker created to help motivate us to hit our step goals. It is highly motivating getting a notification that someone is close to catching up to you. I was determined to end my night in the lead no matter what.

Biggest Loser has now been in effect for 21 days and today was the first day I received a
handful of compliments for a couple of people noting how "thin" I'm looking and that my jeans are looking "looser". It was extremely flattering, however, I felt bloated and my jeans were cutting into my waist. Ugh! I am not noticing any changes just yet. 


How'd today go?


I am effin' exhausted since I've been awake since 4am. It's 9pm now. I still need to meal plan and prep our meals for the tomorrow before brushing my teeth and jumping into bed.

Slept like garbage last night getting just shy of three hours of sleep in a six hour span.

My skin is breaking out like crazy. I've never had acne like this before. What the fuck is going on?!! I'm assuming it may be from stress but shit! I've never had more than one zit at a time.

Day 11: Workout even when you're unmotivated. Make it a habit.



Stayed at home with a sick kid today. He has a terrible stomach bug that had him vomiting, feverish, asleep for half the day, nosebleed, and I'm just so darn tired of cleaning up messes.

On a side note... get a FitBit, find a bunch of friends who are competitive and start a challenge group. It is highly motivating but I'm becoming obsessed with who's in the lead and feeling the pressure of having to log more miles. I'm over my 10,000 steps and currently in the #1 spot but #2 is a marathon runner and she's only 800 steps behind me in our "Workweek Hustle" challenge. Feeling the need at 8:30pm to lace up my sneakers and go for another walk/run. 

Day 12: Plan tonight for a healthier tomorrow.

Believe today was the last day of having to stay at home with a sick kid. He woke up symptom free and tomorrow will be 24 hours as long as he can go all night without a fever or vomiting.

Tonight I did the Tone It Up "Bikini Yoga Flow" workout video to help stretch my tight muscles. I can't tell you how much I dislike yoga. I'm not balanced enough to complete the entire workout just yet... one day though.


How'd today go?



I felt like I had boundless energy until 8pm this evening and that's when I started planning our meals for tomorrow, packing lunches, and setting out my workout clothes for the morning.


Last night was another 4 hours of sleep which is a big improvement from where I was starting at with an average of 2 a night. 

Also was in a fantastic mood and noticed I'm not having to continuously pep talk myself as much as I was Days 7 and 8. I was turning into an asshole. It's becoming easier and easier.

Day 13: I'm doing it for me.

Aimed to walk at least 3 miles today and I exceeded that goal. FitBit is so motivating when you join a challenge. Word on the street is that my bestie coworker who initiated the "Workweek Hustle" for this week invited everyone in our office with FitBits to join us next week. I can't believe how motivating this week has been, I've finished in first place three nights in a row, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of new members next week. 
How'd today go?


Got a couple hours of sleep last night since I stayed up late to go to the gym and shower before bed then turning around and waking up at 4am to head back to the gym. I'm telling you, I am determined to hit my step goal of 10,000 steps daily and placing first nightly in our challenge group. Obsessed.

I was in such a good mood today but i's because I got to see some of my favorite people after a week of not being in the office.

Day 14: Be stronger than your excuses. 

So the FitBit "Workweek Hustle" challenge has me feeling completely burnt out. I've been going to the gym morning and night to try and rack up miles to stay ahead. However, after this mornings 4am workout I went to work feeling extremely exhausted. To the point that I wasn't in the mood for some of my favorite people. All I wanted was sleep.

I somehow managed to push through the day.

When I got home I saw I was only 4,000 steps behind the leader which equates to a 30 minute treadmill workout for me. I could handle that.

So I did what I normally do... put my workout clothes on and headed to the gym. It was about 9pm. I had music blaring from the speakers in the car and windows rolled down because the weather was beautiful. I felt motivated and pumped to crush those steps.

But then, I pull into the gym and a wave of exhaustion hits. I refreshed the step count and saw that she was now 7,000 steps ahead of me. "Another hour workout?!!" I didn't have it in me. I felt so exhausted, emotional, and pissed off.

I needed to listen to my body though and get some sleep. Not to mention I had already crushed my 10,000 step a day goal. Why am I so hard on myself?!

It's not like we are competing for money, just bragging rights. I'm not that type of person anyway.

We had our second weigh in for the Biggest Loser Contest at work and I dropped 3.2 lbs bringing my total loss per the work scale (obviously fully clothed) to 7.8 lbs since January 4th. Yay!!

How'd today go?


Got about two hours of sleep. Felt exhausted and irritable. Not good.

Day 15: Rise and grind. 

The weather today called for a t-shirt with temps in the mid 70s and even though I've dropped some weight and can begin to see some positive physical changes I don't like how I looked in it. I've got back fat and chunky arms. I'm working on it though. I did it to myself having packed on 10 pounds a year over the last four years. It's not going to come off over night. This is work! 

I'm grateful for the support I've received from a good friend who sent me this reminder...




How'd today go?



Had a lazy day trying to catch up on rest from the week. I mentioned yesterday that I was feeling exhausted and irritable. I ended up going to bed a couple of hours earlier than I normally do on my Friday nights and ended up getting better sleep than I've had since the beginning of the year. I'm glad I listened to my body and didn't stay up any later.

I woke up around 6:30am still tired but couldn't fall back asleep. No nap today either. Just took it easy and lounged around.

My skin is starting to clear up again after back to back breakouts. As I mentioned, I've never been prone to breakouts (the norm for me would be one zit at a time) but for whatever reason I kept getting three to four at a time. Ugh!!

We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Sharkey's Waterfront Grill, and I didn't miss having their chicken wings but did miss the routine trip across the street to Berry Bar for frozen yogurt. I also passed on my favorite salad there because it's filled with blue cheese and other non-compliant ingredients.

To help with the frozen yogurt craving we swung into Starbucks so I could get something cold. I grabbed a Venti Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk and Cinnamon Powder. It helped.

... and I am craving chocolate after seeing a commercial for those Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry. They are so yummy!

Fighting the craving though. Half way there, half way there!!

Day 16: More water. More veggies. More protein. More cardio. More fit.



I had no idea that the FitBit needed to be calibrated to your stride length for accurate step counting. Sigh. Hopefully I haven't been cheating myself out of steps or getting less than I should have been.

I'm loving the results I'm seeing from this diet and find myself wanting to tell everyone my "secret" when I receive a compliment. Well guess what?! I'm down another 2.6 lbs for a total loss of 9.5 lbs since January 4th (that's 27 days for an average of 2 1/2 lbs lost a week). I cannot believe it. Seeing results is so motivating!!

Day 17: Namast'ay in bed.

Had a hard time getting in my steps today because of how busy I was at work. It's 9pm now and I'm taking a break to meal plan for tomorrow before I slip into workout clothes and rack up some extra mileage before shower and bed. I'm about 700 steps short of my 10,000 steps a day goal.

I'm still tired of the never-ending dishes. Hate to admit this but sometimes I'm too exhausted to do the dishes at the end of the night and end up just washing the pans and silverware needed to prep my meals. The struggle is real.

A noticeable change is that my food cravings have almost diminished. I can see something I would love to eat, tonight had me wanting fish and chips, but I don't feel that I have to have it. I'm stronger than that!
How'd today go?

(The M&Ms were left on my desk as a peace offering. I did not eat them.)

I was 15 minutes short of getting five hours of sleep! Only problem is that I was not able to wake up this morning at 4am to go to the gym and ended up sleeping in until 6am. Thankfully my air dried hair looks perfect this morning without needed to do anything other than finger brushing it. Slapped on some foundation, concealer, and mascara, got dressed, made coffee, and we were ready for the day.

My hunger levels were high starting around 4pm but had a satisfying grilled chicken salad for dinner.

Energy level was low today. I'm dragging now and dreading having to finish out my workout. What has helped to keep me motivated is pretending that it's a second job and that my workout is a very important business meeting. I wouldn't miss out on a meeting with my boss so I shouldn't miss out on that workout.

I was irritable from wishing I could get more sleep. I'm just so darn tired. TIRED!!

Day 18: Worry about what you are doing. 

Got invited to happy hour with a visiting sales rep to a Mexican restaurant. I felt so awkward ordering a water and the uncomfortableness of having to order a "just for me" appetizer. I eyed everyone as they dipped their chips and enjoyed the sampler platter. It all looked so good. I'm so weak, kept thinking, "if only I wasn't on this diet." Thankfully my coworkers were so supportive telling me how great I was doing while I sat there with another glass of water and ceviche with no chips.

12 days to go!!!

But really... I can't see myself diving back into poor choice after poor choice. I've worked too hard to go back to where I was. I want this so bad.

My jeans fresh out of the wash are starting to pull on a little bit easier and without less wiggle dance to get into them. As the day goes on and they loosen up I notice I am having to pull them up over and over again. That makes me so excited!

Did YouTube workout videos (Post Body Abs Workout and Fat Burning Exercises for Moms), jumping jacks, sit-ups, planks, push ups, and rowing squats,
    How'd today go?


    I had boundless energy today, waking up at 4am to go to the gym for about an hour workout and having the energy this evening to want to do more.

    Sleep was almost non-existent with less than 2 1/2 hours of shut eye.

    Wed Day 19: I'm not losing weight... I'm getting rid of it. 

    Meal planning is the most time consuming part of Whole30. I was so exhausted last night that I didn't plan for the first time in forever. Thankfully I had a package of almonds at my desk and a place in our plaza to get amazing salads. I survived but my mood was extremely foul today. I think it's because I'm so damn exhausted.

    How'd today go?


    Another sleepless night. Grumpy and want my bed. Ugh!

    Day 20: Being exhausted is exhausting. 

    I am one determined girl and refuse to give up and here I am two-thirds of the through this round of Whole30.

    Gotta say, I'm loving the meal choices and so is Little Man. Only having the occasional craving for junk food which doesn't last long. I don't feel deprived like I'm missing out on anything. I noticed I don't miss bread or pasta but do miss some fried foods and chicken wings with ranch. Super Bowl Sunday will be tough.

    How'd today go?


    I got five hours of sleep! I decided to forego my nightly gym session and 4am gym wake up call to make sure I got plenty of sleep after yesterday's foul mood. I crashed hard around 8pm and slept in until 6am. Felt amazing!

    I was in good spirits despite work drama which thankfully I was not involved in. Just created a dark rain cloud and some tension in our department. Tonight when I got home I was in the best mood. Did some laundry, made dinner, and went to the gym to make sure I got my steps in.

    Hunger level today was high. I even had a second helping of the pecan crusted chicken salad. It's that good.

    Day 21: Sore today, strong tomorrow. 

    I'm starting to notice my face thinning out, my chest is smaller (no!!! I need new bras), beginning to see a waistline, booty is firming up, and I'm down a size in my tops and jeans are beginning to become loose but not enough to drop a size in them yet.
    How'd today go?


    Got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep even though I was unable to make it to the gym and didn't set my alarm for a 4am wake up call. I was dragging at work until afternoon-ish.

    Today was one of the best days of my life because of a simple pleasure. I love his kiss.

    Day 22: Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.


    How'd today go?


    A thunderstorm woke me up out of my sleep at 5:30am after going to sleep around midnight getting 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I also had my first food nightmare. I dreamt that I ate nonstop poor food choices and woke up thinking I had gained so much weight. What a nightmare! Haha!! Supposedly these types of dreams are common.

    I'm still irritable and know it's from a lack of sleep but I can't get that quality of sleep I need. Hoping cutting carbs and sugar is also playing a part in the mood so that way on my cheat days my mood will go back to normal.

    Day 23: Train insane or remain the same. 

    I'm starting to want simple meals that don't require me to cook or dishes to clean. I'm burnt out and having to give myself continual pep talks to keep pushing through when convenience is all I want. 

    What's keeping me motivated are the results I am seeing, like triple exclamation mark excited about the results so far. 

    It was weigh day and the scale reflected a 0.1 lb loss. Can't lie, a little disappointed but I can't expect crazy results. A loss is a loss and I am good with the scale moving in the right direction even if it's a small loss. My coworker boasted that she dropped 8 lbs in one week. What?! How?!! She's about my build too. Little reminder and not that you need it but everyone losing weight differently. 



    Little Man really wanted burgers for Super Bowl 50 so I bookmarked a recipe for jalapeño chicken burgers and I have to tell you, I did not miss a thing about a traditional burger. These are effin' delicious!! So much for not wanting to do dishes but it was so worth the extra half hour of cleaning this evening getting them done.  

    By the way... I can't believe I only have one week left of my first round of Whole30. The time went by quickly, well now that I'm on Day 23.

    How'd today go?



    Got the most amount of sleep I've had to date since tracking my sleep getting a little of 4 1/2 hours of sleep. After enjoying breakfast out and grocery shopping I was beat. I took a 30 minute nap and woke up feeling refreshed. In my adulthood I do not recall a time where I laid down for a nap and didn't need 2 hours of more of sleep. 

    The nap gave me enough energy to push through my afternoon and evening. 

    I also noted that I'm not irritable right now. I think it being the weekend and taking it easy is to thank for restoring my mood. Not to mention winning $125 in Super Bowl squares and enjoying one of the best meals I've had during this round of Whole30. Let's see how long this mood lasts. 

    Day 24: Made to move. 

    I did 5 miles today.

    How'd today go?


    I was back to my normal happy go lucky self and his hugs always make me so damn happy.

    My skin is clear again but I still have redness on my cheeks.

    Energy levels were high until after completing five miles.

    Didn't sleep very good last night because I kept waking up tossing and turning.

    I'm noticing a difference in the way my tops are fitting (not as snug) but wishing my bottoms would feel the same.

    As long as my irritability levels remain low I notice my alertness is high. When I'm tired and irritated I can't focus on anything.

    Day 25: Decide. Commit. Succeed. 

    How'd today go?


    I was in a really good mood today with absolutely no irritability. Today just felt good. 


    Day 26: Fight hard towards self control.



    Can't believe I'm in the home stretch.

    I am feeling a bit discouraged the last two days because I'm incredibly bloated and stepped on the scale to see a possible weight gain. Our weigh in for Biggest Loser at work is Friday and I'm a bit stressed. I've been our team's female lead and so afraid to disappoint with a gain.

    As discouraged as I feel right now I've come too far to turn back now and refuse to give up.

    By the way... I'm really really loving Whole30 and have had so many delicious meals in the last 26 days. I'm feeling like I'm wanting to jump right into Round 2 without any sort of "cheat" meal. 


    Day 27: I didn't come this far just to come this far. 

    How'd today go?


    No bloat, no cravings, completely over today, and complete lack of energy. I just want my bed!

    Day 28: For those who said I can't. 
    How'd today go?

    (Roses and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to work. I gave away all of the berries. I'm 100% committed even if it's only two days left.)

    I was in bed before 9pm last night and rolled out of bed around 5:30am getting about four hours of sleep. It felt so good going straight to bed even though I skipped out on my workout. However, this will be night #2 that I just want some sleep. Unfortunately I can't go to sleep whenever I want tonight because Little Man has his best friend over for the a sleepover and wanting to be the best mom ever I have plans on letting them stay up until they pass out. This is the first sleepover that the noise level has been muted from the boys. I am shocked. It's so nice since I am not in the mood for anything. They really are great kids.

    No cravings still. It's been nice.

    I got a zit on my forehead which is the first ever but my face is acne free everywhere else.

    Day 29: I never met a woman I'd rather be. 



    One day left!
    Day 30: 

    It's been 30 days of hyper vigilant clean eating. I'm so proud of myself for the commitment to go 30 days without consuming alcohol, dairy, legumes, or sugar. I'd recommend Whole30 to anyone needing to recalibrate their body. No need to go on a juice only cleanse, feel hungry, or eat at specific times. All you gotta do is eat clean within the guidelines listening to your body's cues for hunger.

    Now that I wrapped up this round of Whole30 my plan is to continue following the guidelines six days a week and then having a "cheat day", which to me means that I'll have a "cheat meal" if desired. Hello tacos and chicken wings with a giant frosty mug, err, mugs of beer. You've been missed.

    Please note when reintroducing food groups back into your diet it should be done one at a time so you'll learn what or if there is a culprit making you feel "sick". If you have dairy and legumes on the same day you won't be able to tell what caused the bloat and gassiness (or whatever else your symptoms may be).

    Here are my results:

    Dropped 11.5 lbs, inches lost from every part of my body, and down a shirt size!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment