Saturday, February 6, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Strawberry, Apple, and Banana Smoothie

I have big plans to make my way through a list of almost 100 smoothies. Just because I effin' love smoothies that much and not to mention they can be a fairly healthy option for any meal of the day.

Because the weather in Texas has been known to jump from winter to spring in February I'm so not ready for t-shirts and shorts. That is why I am so dedicated to my weight loss this time around. I get it, my track record hasn't been the best but for the last month I've got it together losing an average of 2.5 lbs a week!! Down 9.5 lbs so far. Yay!

Whipping up a smoothie only takes about 5 minutes making breakfast a breeze for a quick-on-the-go option as in on-the-go to work. Boo! (Not really. I love my job!) Adding bananas to my smoothies is one of my favorite additives for natural sweetness and to help thicken it up. Blend it, pour it, drink it, and breakfast is done, easy peasy!


Strawberry, Apple, and Banana Smoothie
Adapted From: Katie's Cucina
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 fuji apple, cut into bite size chunks
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
And Action:

Pulse all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment