Saturday, February 27, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Baked Cajun Chicken

Before my first round of Whole30 I struggled with cooking chicken. No matter the method my chicken would always turn out dry. I think I was so afraid that my chicken would be undercooked so I would cook it longer.

I've conquered the many chicken cooking methods out there and no longer dread "chicken dinner" nights.

These chicken breasts are sprinkled with a homemade Cajun seasoning and baked making for a dinner-on-the-table in 30 minutes meal.

Making your own seasoning means you get to control the amount of sodium and you can double the batch of chicken so there will be plenty of leftovers for lunch and dinner.

The chicken comes out juicy and full of flavor and pairs perfectly with a side of sweet potatoes or sandwiched between a whole wheat bun as Little Man preferred. Our taste buds went crazy!


Baked Cajun Chicken
Adapted From: iFOODreal
Makes 2 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 3 lb chicken breast cutlets
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
And Action:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick spray. 

In a small bowl, combine the spices.

Lay chicken in a single layer on the foil and sprinkle with the seasoning and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment