Sunday, February 14, 2016

Livin' It Up... Tom Hiddleston

I recently took the "Which British Actor Should You Get Drunk With?" and "Which British Actor is Your Soulmate" quiz from Buzzfeed and unfortunately Tom Hiddleston was never my match. I got Idris Elba on both. Thinking I may need to re-evaluate my "type". Ha!!

I know Tom Hiddleston as the Marvel villain, Loki, from the Thor franchise but have never seen any of his other movies.

Hopefully Tom's movies will be my type even if some stupid quiz doesn't match our personalities. If not, I can always listen to him reading works by Emily Bronte, William Shakespeare, E.E. Cummings, and Max Ehrmann. His voice makes me melt like butter!!


Sunday morning I checked out Netflix to see what was available to watch and Archipelago (released in 2010 and is a drama) was one of the first to come up. In this movie, Tom Hiddleston ("Edward") plays an AIDS-prevention worker in Africa but takes a trip to the Isles of Scilly where the trip quickly turns into a mental crisis, anxiety, and resentment.

My take on this movie is that it's painfully boring. Their family sucks with their emotional drama and outbursts. There was never a resolution of family issues. I would not be able to bite my tongue the way Edward can. The emotional rollercoaster exhausted me and it took me two attempts to watch it because it put me to sleep. The only good thing about this movie was that it made me daydream about a picnic with my love on a cliff watching and listening to waves crashing... and the end when I could rate it poorly on Netflix.


Attempted another movie available on Netflix, Unrelated. This movie is about a middle-aged woman who is in a faltering marriage takes a vacation with a friend's family in Tuscany. After an unfortunate event she becomes the target of blame and she realizes that she's grateful for what she has.

My take on this movie is that it's another painfully boring movie by Joanna Hogg. I'm incredibly grateful for a partial nudity scene that I used as an excuse to turn the movie off.

Of Tom's films I have watched 2 and have enjoyed 0. Sigh.

I'm throwing in the towel on trying to make it through some of these other movies and will catch his movies after they come highly recommended from sources I know to have the same taste in movies as me.



No comments:

Post a Comment