Sunday, February 7, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Jalapeno Chicken Burgers

Whole30 and Super Bowl Sunday just don't mix. Or so I thought.


Wanting to make Game Day special for Little Man I let him pick his menu. His necessities were a double cheeseburger with guacamole, Nacho Cheese Doritos, french fries, ice cream, and hot chocolate.


I wanted a burger too so I researched Whole30 approved recipes and found this recipe for Jalapeño Chicken Burgers.

These are the most flavorful chicken burgers I have ever made spiced from jalapeños, red onions, and spices. I even ground my own chicken. Oh em gee! No joke, the best chicken burgers ever!!! These burgers are not dry at all and I prefer chicken to turkey but turkey could be substituted if you prefer.


Served a grilled patty with a side of guacamole and mango salsa. I can't get over how delicious this meal was. You too will forget about the bread. Trust me.

Don't feel like I missed out on anything and can't wait to enjoy the leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow.

I will need to remember this recipe for a Summer get together. I know these would impress.

Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
Adapted From: Once A Month Meals
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, boneless, skinless
  • 2/3 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
And Action:

Ground chicken in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency. I prefer mine smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined. 

Form the chicken mixture into 4 equal patties. 

Grill over medium-high heat flipping when the bottom of burger no longer sticks to grate. Continue cooking until cooked through. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment