Friday, May 6, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Tuna Salad

Great news... I finally broke my six week plateau with a 2.2 pound loss this week. That's a total of 16.3 pounds since January 2016. I went through a couple stacks of clothing I put away that didn't fit and I was thrilled to see how many articles of clothing I added to my wardrobe, both tops and bottoms.

One of things that has led to my success with weight loss has been meal planning. Here's what has worked for me:

  1. On Friday night after work I go to Starbucks and get a Venti Iced Coffee Unsweetened with Coconut Milk and Cinnamon Powder. Once home I plant myself on the couch since I am exhausted from my work week and I know I've earned some down time. As I go through my favorite blogs and Instagram accounts I bookmark recipes that I just have to make that are Whole30 diet compliant. I bookmark just about every salad and smoothie. These have been my obsession lately.
  2. On Sunday morning I go through the recipes I bookmarked and make my grocery list and then head to Whole Foods or Costco. 
  3. Every night after I lay Little Man down for bed I create my meal plan using WebMD's Food & Fitness Planner calculating the calories in the recipes and basing my day around my calorie goal. After I'm done meal planning I make Little Man's lunch first and then mine. 
Without a plan in place I have to wing my meals from the local fast food/restaurant options we have close. Believe it or not, I have found diet compliant options at just about every place, except McDonald's and Popeyes. No biggie. The food at these places is shit. Not that I won't get a craving for nuggets and fries on road trips cause that does happen.


Tuna sandwiches are Little Man's favorite and whenever we open a can I make half with just mayo and use the other half to try a new tuna salad variation. I think I may have found a new favorite.

This tuna salad is heavy on the veggies, a tasty way to get them into your diet, and a super easy lunch to throw together. Instead of using mayo I used olive oil and lemon juice.

Tuna Salad
Adapted From: Oh, That's Tasty!
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/2 can of tuna, broke up 
  • 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • dried parsley, to taste
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 tbsp capers
And Action:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment