Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Pickle Potato Salad


The instant the temperature starts to warm up my cravings for watermelon and potato salad increases exponentially. One is good for the waistline while the other is not. Or is it?

This recipe uses just one tablespoon of mayo and to be honest you could do away with it entirely. This potato salad also reminds me of how I make a salad at the salad bar... anything I have on hand that sounds good together goes into this. I like a lot of mix-ins. The people at Cold Stone hate me. 

Speaking of Cold Stone... my biggest craving while following Whole30 is ice cream because I want something cold. My go to is usually an iced coffee with coconut milk but now I can have a serving of chilled potato salad and it's more satisfying. 

I have finally perfected my potato salad recipe and can't wait to make this over and over again over the Summer. Bookmark this one for your Memorial Day picnic coming up and I promise it won't disappoint. I'll even share with you a secret ingredient that's not listed in the recipe below... bacon drippings mixed in. 'Nuff said. 

Pickle Potato Salad
Adapted From: Spabettie
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 3 russet potatoes, peeled, cubed, boiled, and drained
  • 5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 3 dill pickles, chopped
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 celery stalks, chopped
  • onion powder, to taste
  • parsley, to taste
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
And Action:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Eat at room temp or serve chilled. Enjoy!

1 comment: