Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Banana Pancakes

Mother's Day is right around the corner and spoiling myself with pancakes from Union Kitchen for brunch has become sort of a tradition but not this year because I've embarked on my weight loss journey and my body is loving the Whole30 program.


Because I'm committed to getting the weight off I don't feel I'll be missing out on their pancakes after giving this recipe for Banana Pancakes a try. These pancakes tasted better than imagined and reminded me of banana bread. So flippin' good!! Pun intended. In fact, I don't think they could be batter. Ha! I crack myself up.

Make sure you do not blend the batter ingredients because the "mushing" is what helps to create a fluffy texture.

This recipe is super simple to make and you'll be surprised that breakfast is ready in under 10 minutes. Perfect for rushed school and work mornings and I can almost guarantee that you probably have all of the ingredients on hand to make these.

Because these hit the table quickly you can keep hitting the snooze button longer. I'd chose sleep over breakfast but now I don't have to.

I served these Banana Pancakes with a side of fully cooked breakfast sausage links that I browned in a skillet while the pancakes were cooking. This made for one tasty breakfast, the maple syrup wasn't missed at all, and I didn't end breakfast feeling heavy. These pancakes are light, airy, and something you can indulge in. If you're really hungry I would suggest spreading them with almond butter and sliced bananas and serve with a side of strawberries.

This breakfast gave me energy to get laundry done and get the house cleaned up. The added energy could be coming from the extra sleep but I'm crediting the pancakes. Ha!

Banana Pancakes
Adapted From: Something Swanky
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp coconut almond butter
  • pinch of baking soda
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • splash of vanilla
And Action:

Preheat a skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium.

In a bowl, mash the banana until mostly smooth. Whisk in the egg until incorporated. 

Mix the rest of the ingredients folding them into the batter.

Pour half the batter into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment