Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Spicy Bacon Egg Salad

I despised egg salad as a child and grew to love it as an adult. Whenever I hard boil eggs for my week any that were cracked in the process of cooking I would set aside and make an egg salad sandwich. There is something so satisfying when I bite into that cold sandwich.

Whenever I've made egg salad in the past it has never been more than a couple of hard boiled eggs mixed with some mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and then slathered between two slices of bread.

Now that I'm following the Whole30 diet and cutting carbs the sandwich actually doesn't sound that great but lettuce wraps excite me so this Spicy Bacon Egg Salad has me jumping for joy!


Crispy bacon, green onions, and creamy chopped eggs gets mixed with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and Sriracha. Instead of slathering this egg salad between bread I scooped it into iceberg lettuce leaves to eat as a wrap. This honestly is the best egg salad I have ever had! I kept sneaking spoonfuls while I was mixing this up. It's that good.

Spicy Bacon Egg Salad
Makes 3 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/6 cup green onions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp mayo
  • Sriracha, to taste
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
And Action:

Stir all ingredients together until well combined. Serve 1/3 cup of the mix in an iceberg lettuce leaf and wrap. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment