Monday, May 9, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks


Came home from work exhausted and did not want to cook at all but I reminded myself of my goals and decided to stick to my meal plan. I am so happy I did because I put a fantastic dinner on the table in less than an hour... Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks served with homemade potato salad (recipe tomorrow). Trust me, it's worth the time in the kitchen and all it will take is one bite and you'll agree too. These drumsticks are the easiest recipe to make so no excuse make these tonight!

Little Man approved because he got to use his fingers and I approved because I got to break my chicken breast rut by switching it up with drumsticks.

While these cooked I did the dishes thinking about how the aroma reminded me of spending the Summer at my Grandma's house in Utah. She made fried chicken drumsticks every Sunday and all of our extended family were invited to join for dinner. First time I smiled while doing a chore in a long while. These will definitely be a make again meal.

Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
Adapted From: Popsugar Food
Makes 3 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 6 skin-on chicken drumsticks
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • dried parsley, to taste
And Action:

Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper 30 minutes before cooking. Pat them dry with paper towels.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. Brown the chicken on all sides. 

Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the chicken with a lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping the drumsticks halfway through. Once they are done cooking add 1 tbsp butter, garlic, and lemon juice to the pan. Gently toss the chicken in the sauce to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment