Monday, May 30, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Pizza Night with Rustic Crust

We have a love/hate relationship with pizza in our household.

Little Man claims he only likes certain kinds of pizza but the boy cannot tell me what it is that he likes. We have ordered pizza from every franchise and have had numerous at home make your own pizza nights. The boy claims he eats pepperoni and cheese pizza elsewhere but I have yet to see in his 6 years of eating solid foods him eat a slice of pizza. He'll take one or two nibbles and state he is not hungry. I've given up and have come to accept he does not like pizza.

Because of his dislike I don't have pizza anymore unless my boss orders it for us at work for lunch on occasion.

I cannot explain how excited I was when the generous folks at Rustic Crust considered me for this opportunity to create an at home pizza night. I was gifted with not one but three pizza kits containing three different kinds of crust and three sauce pouches. That's three attempts to figure out what this boy will eat in terms of pizza.

... and if I cannot get him to eat it, oh boy!!! my poor waistline, cause I can take down a pizza with no shame. So not diet compliant for Whole30 but when I'm in between rounds their products are perfect for following the 80/20 rule.

Their crusts are hand-formed using all natural ingredients with no GMOs, no trans fat, and no added sugar. Less guilt.


The first pizza I made was a white pizza with chicken, garlic, spinach, and artichoke. The second pizza was a Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon, prosciutto, pineapple, bacon, black olives, red onions with two types of cheeses and topped with arugula.


The Hawaiian pizza was hands down the absolute best I've ever made at home. The crust was perfect too with the right amount of crunch and the best part is you can actually taste the cheese in it. I'm sold on Rustic Crust and cannot wait to make this one again and again.


All three of these pizzas were ready in less time than it takes to order delivery. You can find out where to buy so you can give their products a try for yourself and see what I'm talkin' about. Just a heads up... if you are a heavy sauce kinda person know that three pouches come in a box but two would be needed for one pizza.

To stretch pizza night we served with a side salad so we could get an extra meal out of each pizza. That's winning, one less night I have to cook. 

*Disclosure: No monetary compensation was offered or received for this post. I was provided product for review, however, all opinions are my own.  

Website: Rustic Crust 
Twitter: @RusticCrust
Facebook: facebook.com/RusticCrust 


No comments:

Post a Comment