Friday, February 13, 2015

Livin' It Up... Hair Envy, Tame Your Mane with Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth

My hair is the only thing high maintenance about me. By the book every 8 weeks for color and cut. I splurge and go to an Aveda salon, The Conservatory. For two hours I get to play rich housewifey (assuming this is where rich housewives would go to get their hair done) gossiping with my stylist, reading trashy magazines, scalp massages, perfect blow outs, and the oohs and aahs when I get to reveal my hair to my friends and coworkers.

I highly recommend this salon. I've been going here religiously for the last two years after a coworker recommended it after finding out I was going to the Ulta salon... Love their beauty supplies but the staff sucks and I actually cried after most of my hair appointments.

Since going to The Conservatory I have never received so many compliments on my hair AND! I've never once walked out of there crying.

I have very long, thick, and naturally wavy hair that is a bitch to manage. I barely turn my head wrong and it knots, doesn't dry completely overnight, and takes about an hour every day to do. My go to styles are: flat ironed straight, flat ironed curls, curling wand, and up in a bun or pulled back in a ponytail... my hair style depends on how tired I am in the morning.

I'm always looking for new hair products and was gifted the Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth collection for Christmas which includes: shampoo, conditioner, and a heat activated treatment. The line promotes 7 full days of salon-gorgeous hair that will hold it's smooth frizz-free shine all week even through 3 washes.

To use:

1) First you shampoo and condition hair.

2) Then towel dry hair.


3) Divide hair into equal sections, dispense 2 pumps of the heat activated treatment into your palms and rub together evenly applying through each section.

4) Comb hair, distributing from root to tip.


5) Blow dry hair using a brush with boar and nylon bristles.


6) Flatiron in small sections, passing through 3 times.

Does it work?

Seven days worth of hair photos...

Before Photo with Products I've Been UsingFlatiron curled my hair, no product, washed and conditioned with Pantene Pro-V's Damage Detox line. Photo was taken right when I arrived at work. Absolutely love the current products I've been using so it'll be interesting using something else for the next week. 


After Treatment Photo Day 1: Really don't notice a difference from my go to routine.


Day 2: Woke up with a lot of frizz. Smoothed it down with a nylon and boar bristle brush. Not impressed with this collection as I don't notice a difference.


Day 3: Woke up late with no time for hair or makeup. Ugh! Just pinned my hair back with bobby pins. You can see how un-smooth the top half of my hair is. I've already said it, not impressed, but for the sake of the experiment I'm going to see this through to Day 7.


Day 4: Washed my hair last night and while in the shower I noticed something was different than normal... my hair didn't get knotted and when I woke up in the morning my hair was tangle free. I was able to brush my fingers through it. I even wore my hair's natural texture and didn't fuss with doing much more with it than this. I do love that I have beachy waves... my hair is still not "smooth" but I'll take tangle free any day.


Day 5: Another day of wearing my hair's natural texture. Again I could rake my fingers through my hair without getting snagged on any tangles.


Day 6: Pulled off a day of great hair and lashes thanks to my Little Man waking me up at 4:30. Curled my hair with a curling wand and no products were used.


Day 7: Washed hair last night. Created loose waves with the curling wand.


So would I buy the Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth line again?

Unfortunately not. I didn't notice much of a difference outside of tangle free hair and don't want to have to fuss with towel drying, blow drying, and passing a flatiron over a section of hair more than 3 times again.

The results may be different for you so put on some music and treat yourself to an at home spa day and look forward to creating hair envy for others.

My "Pamper Your Sweet Ass" Playlist:

* Ellie Goulding: Anything Could Happen
* Ida Maria: I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked
* Lady Gaga: Bad Romance
* Marina and The Diamonds: How To Be A Heartbreaker
* Ashanti: Rock Wit U
* Junglepussy: Satisfaction Guaranteed
* The Dream: Purple Kisses
* Khia: My Neck, My Back
* 5 Seconds of Summer: She Looks So Perfect
* The 1975: Sex
* All Time Low: If These Sheets Were States
* The Goo Goo Dolls: Iris
* David Lambert: Outlaws
* Fall Out Boy: Alone Together
* The Kooks: Do You Wanna
* Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
* My Chemical Romance: Welcome to the Black Parade
* All Time Low: Me Without You
* Chvrches: Broken Bones
* Kevin Devine: Not Over You Yet
* Death Cab for Cutie: Steadier Footing
* Prince Royce: Stand By Me
* Landon Pigg: Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop
* Staind: Tangled Up In You



No comments:

Post a Comment