Thursday, February 5, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Simple Chicken Gyros

I've lost all motivation lately... that is, outside of my day job. I've let working out and meal planning go by the wayside. Instead, I've raced home every night this week to throw on cozy clothes and found myself in bed as soon as I laid Little Man down for the night and hitting snooze on the alarm until the last possible minute.

Although I haven't been following my meal plan or calorie counting I have continued watching what I eat making the healthiest choices possible. I just wish my motivation would spark again.


It's nights like these I'm grateful that I picked up a few convenience type foods during my weekly grocery trip. I picked up a spiced rotisserie chicken, tzatziki sauce, and whole wheat naan to make these simple and quick chicken gyros. All I had to do was chop up a handful of veggies and dinner was put together in under 20 minutes.

These are completely family friendly because you can adapt them to every one's taste. Little Man had his with chicken and cucumbers. This is such a fuss free dinner and any leftovers can be thrown together to make a salad or just dip some carrot sticks in the tzatziki sauce.

Simple Chicken Gyros
From: Jam Hands
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • warmed rotisserie chicken, pull the meat off the bone into bite size chunks
  • Greek or Mediterranean spice blend, to taste
  • 1 tbsp premade tzatziki sauce
  • cucumber, sliced
  • red onion, sliced
  • Roma tomato, sliced
  • 1 whole wheat naan
And Action:

Warm the naan in the microwave for 20 seconds. Spread the tzatziki sauce, sprinkle with the Mediterranean seasoning, and top with the chicken and veggies. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment