Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Triple Berry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl with Almonds and Chia Seeds

I think I may have found my new favorite way to eat oatmeal. Maybe it has something to do with the raspberries (my favorite fruit at the moment) and almonds I toasted myself (crave worthy!!!). With the weather as cold as it's been a hot breakfast is just what I needed.

This oatmeal will keep you full until well after lunchtime and is the perfect way to start your day with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. An oatmeal smoothie bowl is the love child of two breakfast classics.

You can adapt this recipe to suit your tastes switching it up with different fruit, nuts, and yogurt flavors.


Triple Berry Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl with Almonds and Chia Seeds
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/4 cup uncooked regular oats
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup raspberries
  • 1/4 cup blackberries
  • 1 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1 container nonfat vanilla yogurt
And Action:

Combine the oats, almonds, and chia seeds in a bowl adding 1/2 cup of water. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Top with the berries and a couple dollops of yogurt, stirring to combine. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment