Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Pineapple, Apple, Mint, and Lime Juice

After watching numerous food documentaries, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead in particular I always think I'd be able to stick with a juice cleanse, "rebooters" attempt 30+ days, but I have never made it past day 2. This Italian loves her carbs and can't give up food, especially the act of chewing. These juice cleanses boast that you could potentially lose a pound a day when exercise is incorporated.

While that seems like an easy fix it's not a lifestyle I could continue. I'm okay with counting calories and fitting in working out with juicing on occasion as a meal substitute.

During my weekly grocery trip to Whole Foods I will grab one bottle each of whatever fresh pressed veggie based juice they have available and substitute one or two meals a day with juice. I have a Breville Juice Fountain but like the convenience of grabbing premade bottles. Who likes doing dishes anyway?

The only time I bust out the juicer is when I come across a new recipe that I have to try.


From the 21 Day Flat Belly Challenge comes this recipe, P.A.M. Juice, for use in a mojito. Mojitos! My happy hour weakness. I never buy liquor for home and didn't have white rum on hand so I left it out. It's just not the same but still tasty in it's own right. It's refreshing, light, and fruity.

While the addition of alcohol would have made this for a tasty cocktail it's not worth the bloat. This juice is a natural de-bloater due to the natural properties of pineapple helping with water retention. All women suffering from PMS symptoms could benefit from this one. AND! If you are PMSing do your loved ones a favor and add that shot of white rum.

Pineapple, Apple, Mint, and Lime Juice
Adapted From: Popsugar Fitness
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 2 granny smith apples, cored and seeded
  • 1/3 pineapple, chunks
  • mint, to taste
  • 1 lime, peel removed
And Action:

Run all ingredients through the juicer making sure to add the mint with the pineapple chunks. Feel free to add the white rum if you please. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment