Saturday, April 16, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Tomato Cucumber Salad


Last night I was stalking some of my favorite Instagram accounts and while on the Official Whole30 Recipes page I came across a photo of for a Tomato Cucumber Salad and instantly thought of Summer. I'm so happy that I've made the commitment to my second round of Whole30 because swimsuit season is right around the corner and I am no where near being ready to hit the beach or pool. Hell, most nights I'm not ready to hit the shower and avoid looking at my naked self in the mirror. Ha!

After a recent grocery haul at Costco I had an abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers so making this recipe was a no brainer and I was craving a taste of Summer for a boost of motivation to keep pushing through.

This salad is fantastic on its own but would make the perfect accompaniment to any Summer meal, especially grilled protein of choice.

I love the crunch of the cucumbers but the liquid that draws out of the cucumbers and tomatoes from the salt when mixed with the olive oil and vinegar is the absolute best. If I wasn't on a round of Whole30 I would sop it up with crusty bread.

Feel free to get creative and add alter this recipe with other Mediterranean ingredients you may have on hand... kalamata olives, artichoke heart, and topped with feta. Yum!

Tomato Cucumber Salad
Adapted From: Official Whole30 Recipes on Instagram

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • sea salt and black pepper, to taste
  • dried dill, to taste
  • 5 Roma tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 cucumbers, cut into 1/2" chunks and then quartered
  • onion powder, to taste
And Action:

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment