Thursday, April 21, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Greek Potato Salad

Before Whole30 I was not much of a potato fan, unless it was french fries or tator tots. I'll never forget Day 3 of my first round of Whole30 because I was feeling hungry and that sweet potato with dinner was so satisfying. From there on I looked forward to any excuse to have them.

When I first started the Whole30 program all other potatoes were off limits except sweet potatoes and that's when it hit me that I wouldn't be able to enjoy potato salad while following the program. Recently my prayers have been answered and now potatoes of all varieties are allowed. Wahoo!


I'm sort of obsessed with the Official Whole30 Recipes account on Instagram and love all of the recipe ideas that get posted. I recently saved one for Greek Potato Salad which went perfectly with the Roasted Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. The potatoes are boiled and then tossed in a lemon herb olive oil sauce. Best part is that it's Little Man approved.

Since I have plenty of leftovers I am looking forward to mashing the leftovers and making potato pancakes so I can top them with fried eggs for breakfast. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Greek Potato Salad
Adapted From: Official Whole30 Recipes
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 9 Yukon gold potatoes
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • dried parsley, to taste
  • dried oregano, to taste
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • sea salt and pepper, to taste
And Action:

Boil a large pot of salted water and add the potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and add them back to the hot pot to help dry them out. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the potatoes, toss to coat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment