Sunday, April 10, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Sweet Citrus Avocado Green Smoothie

I'm kinda in a detox mode right now after hitting a four week plateau. Self-inflicted since I let working out and healthy eating go by the wayside. It's time for me to trade in dairy, soy, legumes, carbs, sugar, and alcohol for whole foods. So I decided to start my second round of Whole30 yesterday and it feels good to be back in the swing of things.

It's time focus on healthy habits and green smoothies make it effortless to do so.

This smoothie packs some of my favorite items from the produce section, especially avocado. Avocado makes this smoothie creamy while the clementines give it a bright citrusy flavor.


Sweet Citrus Avocado Green Smoothie
Adapted From: HealthyHealthyLife.com
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
  • 1 cup baby kale
  • pinch of fresh parsley
  • 1/2 of an avocado
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup coconut water, chilled
  • ice, to taste
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • dash of cayenne
And Action:

Pulse all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment