Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Doin' Some Cookin'... Italian Burger Patties

Little Man can eat burgers for every meal if I let him, because I don't whenever I give him a "kid's choice" night when preparing the week's menu he'll always request a burger night.

Before pulling a fast one on him and switching it up from a plain beef patty I'll always ask if he's interested in trying something new. I told him about a recipe I had found for Italian Meatballs but figured we could smash them down and they would make for a delicious burger patty. He didn't hesitate to say "okay".

(Served mine over greens to cut down on the carbs since I'm trying to make the healthiest choices possible. Definitely not the best way to eat the burger patty. Next time I'd serve it up with some mashed potatoes. I know, I know.)

He loved these burger patties so much that he requested a cold Italian Burger Patty sandwich the next day. To be honest, it tasted exactly like meatloaf but instead of ketchup these have tomato paste in them. I toasted some bread, spread some mayo and ketchup (his request), and put the burger patty between the slices of toast. He said his lunch was amazing and begged to have the last burger patty for dinner that night.

How can I say no when he likes something I made that much? Exactly. I can't.

Italian Burger Patties
Adapted From: Thriving Home
Makes 4 Patties

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • dried parsley, to taste
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
And Action:

With clean hands combine all ingredients in a large bowl until incorporated. 

Divide the meat mixture into four equal portions and flatten into patties. 

Heat a skillet over medium heat with a tbsp of olive oil and add the patties. Cook 4-6 minutes each side depending on how well done you like your patties. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment