Thursday, April 6, 2017

Livin' It Up... 2017 Shell Houston Open




I got called into my boss's office one afternoon and he loves to act like I'm in trouble making me sweat it out before delivering good news. He gifted me with tickets to the Shell Houston Open for the weekend coming up. He must know I have no social life and that I'd be available to go. Haha!

I have never been to this event before but have heard it's enjoyable even if you are not a fan of golf so I was beyond excited that he chose me to give the tickets to.


After making it through security there was a row of vendors and by far the most exciting one was Aflac. I don't know why but getting a photo opp with the "Aflac" duck made me so damn happy. He nipped at the lady who went before me so I was kinda worried he'd get me too but he didn't. This pic was definitely my favorite from the day.

(Phil Mickelson is in the purple shirt.)

Once we looked through all of the booths we made it out to the green and talk about amazing timing, Phil Mickelson walked right by me so I decided to follow him. It was so much fun being amongst the sea of Phil fans and listening to the random conversations being had. I laughed at how "vanilla" the convos were and how, no shit!, three different sets of people were talking about their dentists. WTF?


While following Phil around the golf course I couldn't help but be in awe of the landscape. This is such a beautiful golf course and one of my favorite parts was a lane that was completely shaded by trees and then you cross a wood bridge that had a swamp. It was so green. I found it to be really beautiful and I wasn't the only one. We were all pulling out our cameras to snap pics.

(I really love being short.)

I definitely did not fit in. Ha!

You are not allowed to take video or pictures unless you are on a sidewalk about 10 feet from the ropes but I am short and was able to hide behind people and get videos over their shoulders.


Before leaving the golf course there was a giant set up of the hashtag: FEDEXCUP. I strategically placed myself between the "EXC" and took a pic to send to my boss after having put in a 100 hour work week and almost reaching the point of a mental breakdown. I really should have been more pissed off in the pic to drive the message home because his response was "not bad Chelle".

After having had the opportunity to go to this event I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would absolutely go again. Not entirely sure that I'd enjoy watching golf on TV but to be at a live event most definitely.

If I get the opportunity to ever go again I will be more prepared... a hat, lip balm, sunscreen and lots of cash so I can get a pitchers of mimosas to carry around the course or even better I'll bring a blanket or chair and plant myself at one of the holes and just enjoy people watching for the day.

Thanks again Boss. You know how much I appreciated this.

No comments:

Post a Comment