Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Livin' It Up... Halloween Art Project - Footprint Ghost and Handprint Spider

The last time I created a keepsake footprint of Little Man's was when he was about a year old, he's 6 now. Since when did I become so lazy about documenting milestones? When I was an at home mom I made it a priority every night to journal about our day and I took a lot of photos. Over the last 3 years all I have are memories stored in my mental data bank and certain details are fuzzy.

(The handprint spider is my favorite... didn't realize the ribbon on the footprint ghost was twisted.)

While browsing Pinterest one morning I came across an art project for Footprint Ghosts and a Handprint Spider. Because Little Man is at an age where he loves to do art projects I knew we had to make these and with my mom in town visiting for four days and one of her requests being Hobby Lobby it was a no brainer. Two birds, one stone.

We picked up all of the supplies:

  • small black canvas and a small white canvas
  • white paint pen
  • Halloween printed ribbon
  • white paint, orange paint, and black paint

Once we arrived home we wrapped the table in plastic wrap and got started on our art project. I love that Little Man only needed some guidance and these are keepsakes that can be seen year after year and a great addition to our Halloween decor. He even picked the spot on the wall where he wanted these displayed. 

I came across another idea with mother and son footprint/handprints and laughed because our feet and hands are about the same size. You wouldn't be able to differentiate the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment