Friday, May 15, 2015

Livin' It Up... What I'm Loving This Week

ONE: Last Wednesday I came down with a nasty cold that took me out through the weekend. On Monday I ended up with terrible chest congestion, a cough, and was still extremely fatigued. Because of the cough it gave me a sore throat and I did not want to eat anything except something cold. I ended up eating a Lil' Drums Nestle Drumstick in Vanilla with Chocolatey Swirls. It was the perfect treat and made me feel better, psychologically. Ha!


TWO: Went with a simple manicure this week since I was sick and lacked energy to sit through my usual routine. Instead I clipped, filed, and stuck to just a couple coats of Nailtiques Formula Plus 2. The protein formula helps build a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping, and splitting. Can be found at Ulta. 


THREE: Looking forward to Memorial Day weekend, especially since it will include a hair appointment and Little Man's 7th birthday celebration. We're having to celebrate early this year since his dad will have him for the special day. 

FOUR: Sick days mean lounging around watching my favorite movies and one of them I absolutely love is, Because I Said So. I'm sure this is a complete coincidence but on the rare occasion I get sick it seems as though one of the movie networks ends up playing Father of the Bride I and II. Love it!


FOUR: Sore throat has been treated with lots of hot tea and honey. If you are a chai tea fan like me then I absolutely recommend Cinnamon Chai from Paromi Tea which I picked up at Whole Foods. It's hard to explain but it tastes so smooth. 


FIVE: A coworker was out this week on a trip to Seattle, Washington and it made me miss the couple of summers I got to spend there when my dad lived there. It's been 8 years and I would love to go back and take Little Man to check out the Pike Street Market. 


SIX: Even though I was sick on Mother's Day it was such an amazing day. Woke up and had eggs Benedict with a side of pancakes (even loaded on the butter and syrup!) and a Starbucks Venti Soy Chai Latte. Little Man picked me out a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips and made me a card at school. The best part was getting to lounge around watching movies all day. To celebrate the day the movie, Guilt Trip, seemed appropriate. It was so much better than what I remembered it being in theaters. 


SEVEN: KozyShack rice pudding. The perfect treat to pack in Little Man's lunchbox. Yummy!!!


EIGHT: Had to take Little Man to a dental consultation to discuss what needs to be done about his "shark teeth" coming in since he hasn't lost any baby teeth yet. Little Man entertained a last baby teeth photo with his mama and it's been my favorite photo of us since. 


NINE: Convenience foods when I'm not feeling well and the pre-made Italian Meatballs from Whole Foods are amazing because they are perfectly seasoned. 


TEN: I've been going to bed early every night so Little Man has been reading me bedtime stories and tucking me in before getting himself ready for bed. I've loved having him "take care" of me. 















No comments:

Post a Comment