Sunday, May 3, 2015

Livin' It Up... Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Baseball Game

For those of you who don't know, I'm a credit analyst and I've been studying for about 3 1/2 hours a night since the middle of April in preparation for the CLFP exam coming up in June to help advance my career in the equipment leasing industry. Every night I lay Little Man down for bed around 8 and stay up most nights past midnight studying and preparing for the next day. It makes for exhausting days, day after day after day.

It's been a long week and I so needed sleep, except I fell asleep around midnight and got woke up around 6 a.m. to the sound of birds chirping extremely loud and could not fall back asleep. They won and I rolled my ass out of bed to make coffee to enjoy while I got caught up on about 3 weeks worth of missed TV shows.


Watching all of that TV (about 5 hours worth) worked up quite an appetite so I decided to throw on a bra and race up to the grocery store to pick up some items to make a taco salad for lunch.


After lunch I did some more studying before getting ready to head out for the baseball game.

I've been in Houston now for 7 years and have never been to an Astros game. I know nothing about the Astros since I don't follow the sport like I once did. As a kid I could rattle off random sports statistics being the tomboy that I was. I miss Summers as a kid and playing pick up games every single day. I was always a team captain or picked first. Naturally great at sports. Toot toot!

The last baseball game I went to was 6 years ago when we took Little Man to the Padres game in Pittsburgh for his 1st birthday. Growing up when I'd visit my dad in Seattle he would take me to the Mariners games whenever we could or at least catch as many games on TV as possible. It's been too long since I've been to a baseball game.

Having lived in 5 different States I don't really know what I consider home or have any home sports teams so I'm an admitted fair weather fan when it comes to baseball. Now that I've made Texas home when asked I'll represent the home team, Go Astros!!!


It was about a half hour drive to Minute Maid Park, paid $20 to park in a lot across the street, and wondered around the venue for about a half hour before locating our seats. We were in the Mazda Club Level and it felt so exclusive since the crowd had almost disappeared and we had concession stands within reach. Part of our seats included a staff member who was there to wait on us at the wave of our concession card. It felt so snoody.





We picked up chili cheese dogs and beer. I've had better. During one of the innings my date returned with a plastic baseball hat filled with cookies and cream ice cream topped with an iced brownie and drizzled in chocolate with a bottle of ice cold water. Such a novel idea but way too sweet. Ended up dumping the "milkshake" and rinsing the hat out in the bathroom to save in order to take home to Little Man.

(His jersey made me laugh... Go AstrHOES!!!)

(Space Race!)

The weather was incredible with temps in the mid 70s and a slight breeze. Our seats were under cover and provided a fantastic view. We were on the visitors side in-between 3rd and Home. The park is beautiful and it was a great game. The Astros woke up after the Mariners started with a 2 home run lead and they began nailing home run after home run. They won against the Mariners, 11-4, making this their 9th win in a row this season.



Leaving the parking lot was a nightmare. Rude ass drivers decided to make their own lane on the inside of us as we were trying to make a left on a one-way street causing us to have to pull into two lanes of traffic with low visibility of oncoming traffic. I can see why people had left after the 7th inning. Stressful!

Once home I changed into cozy clothes, cracked open my book to do some more studying, and then turned on Netflix to watch The Bad News Bears (the 1976 version).

It's hard to escape America's favorite past time during Spring and it's such a fun way to get into the swing of the season. I definitely recommend getting out and supporting your local team. I'm already dreaming of the next game I'll attend.


Speaking of dreaming... I made some peppermint tea, cracked open my CLFP book, and studied until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, falling asleep around 2 a.m.

Baseball playlist, "Three Strikes Away":

* X Ambassadors & Jamie N Commons: Jungle
* Kanye West: Power
* Kanye West: Mercy
* Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: Can't Hold Us
* The Naked and Famous: Young Blood
* DJ Khaled: All I Do Is Win
* Wiz Khalifa: We Dem Boyz
* Montell Jordan: This Is How We Do It
* Fort Minor: Remember The Name
* Wale: Ambition
* Diplo: Revolution
* YG: My Hitta
* American Authors: Best Day of My Life
* The Outfield: Your Love
* DMX: X Gon Give It To Ya
* Dr. Dre: F**k Wit Dre Day
* Travi$ Scott: Don't Play
* House of Pain: Jump Around
* Aloe Blacc: I'm The Man
* Whiskey Falls: Load Up The Bases
* Fall Out Boy: Light Em Up
* Andy Mineo: You Can't Stop Me
* Mann: Buzzin'
* Nonono: Pumpin' Blood
* Capital Cities: Safe and Sound
* John Fogerty: Centerfield
* Sublime: Doin' Time
* Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
* Sublime: 54-46 That's My Number
* Mike Stud: Batter Up
* Chief Keef: Love Sosa
* Drake: Started From The Bottom
* Flo Rida: Good Feeling
* The Rolling Stones: Start Me Up
* Black Eyed Peas: Boom Boom Pow
* C+C Music Factory: Gonna Make You Sweat
* Imagine Dragons: It's Time
* Imagine Dragons: On Top of the World
* The Heavy: How Do You Like Me Now
* Five Finger Death Punch: Bad Company
* Eminem: I'm Not Afraid
* Moufy: Destiny
* The Tallest Man on Earth: The Dreamer
* Queen: We Are The Champions



No comments:

Post a Comment