Saturday, March 18, 2017

Livin' It Up... The Chainsmokers Concert at the Houston Rodeo 2017

One of my best girlfriends, Sandra, asked if I wanted to go in on tickets with her to see The Chainsmokers at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Park. Um, duh!

I'm not the biggest fan of their music but I won't turn down quality time with my best friend and anywhere I go with Sandra we have the absolute best time.

Two years ago was my first Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo experience and oh my gosh!! I had so much fun. My coworker Joe and his wife invited me to tag along to the Reba McIntire concert and it was nonstop laughs with them. "It's fallin' apart like a two dollar suitcase," said the rodeo announcer at one point and Joe and I took this line back to the office referencing it anytime something at work became a clusterfuck. Another night my best girlfriend, Niki, invited Kristen and I to join her in seeing Luke Bryan. Another fun night with my favorite girls.

I met Sandra at her house around 1pm so we could pick up tickets and her and I headed off to the rodeo. We walked around the fairgrounds until the rodeo events started at 3:45pm. Our first priority was getting a jumbo corndog and then I entertained her and walked the vendor booths and livestock show. The funniest moment was her and I testing out the mattresses and jumping onto one of them at the same time and laughing our asses off about it being a vibrating mattress. The salesman asked how we liked it and at the same time we gave the identical response, "It's gooooood." We have dirty minds.


(This cow has my birthday tatted on it's ass. Must be a Gemini. Ha!)

(Both had our boobies on show today. Haha!!)

(Bull Riding... my favorite event!)

(I am not into rodeo country attire and definitely stood out. Sandra saw me and said "wrong bulls bitch. Haha!)

The Chainsmokers took the stage at 5:45pm. The fireworks and opening music was insane. We thought we were in for a killer show but we we wrong and oh so confused when they started covering song from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Survivor.




We did not enjoy the concert because we did not have an a very good understanding of who the Chainsmokers were and thought they were an actual group with a female lead singer but they ended up being DJs with a white dude who liked to jump skip around a lot so we both looked at each and at the same time said, "Ready to go?" Haha! She's my Gemini twin.

We still enjoyed the hell out of our time together and talked about picking the worst concert next year again.

No comments:

Post a Comment