Saturday, March 12, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Breakfast "Sandwich" on a Sweet Potato Slider

I am so grateful for Lexi's Clean Kitchen on Instagram for the inspiration and a well stocked fridge. I jumped right up from the laptop and made this for breakfast.

This had me singing, "Happy Saturday to me!!" You can do the same too, make it immediately.


Breakfast "Sandwich" on a Sweet Potato Slider
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 sweet potato, cut in 1/4" slices
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • seasoning of choice - I used onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
  • 1 slice black forest ham
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1 egg
And Action:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil with seasoning. Lay them on a single layer on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Roast for 10 minutes.

Heat the slice of ham until warmed (I prefer mine browned). Sauté the spinach.

Cook egg however you like (I prefer mine over medium).

Lay a sweet potato slice on a plate, layer with the spinach, ham, egg, and top with another sweet potato. Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment