Sunday, March 6, 2016

Doin' Some Cookin'... Cinnamon Coconut Roasted Cashews

At the end of my night nothing is more satisfying for quieting my stomach than a handful of nuts if I'm still hungry. So they are a staple in our house and the pantry is loaded with all kinds. I don't discriminate, except maybe brazil nuts, they are my least favorite.


I whipped up a batch of these Cinnamon Coconut Roasted Cashews to put into Little Man's backpack for his morning snack and of course I needed to pack some in my lunch too.

These are fantastic hot out of the oven but good cooled down as well.

What a great combo... cinnamon and coconut... I mean my go-to order from Starbucks during Whole30 is an unsweet iced coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon powder. Yum!!

Cinnamon Coconut Roasted Cashews
Adapted From: Peanut Butter Fingers
Makes 4 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
  • 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut 
And Action:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 

Toss cashews, oil, and cinnamon in a small bowl coating the nuts well. Spread out on a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Roast for 12 minutes tossing halfway through. 

Remove from the oven and toss with the coconut. Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment