Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Doin' Some Cookin'... Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Garlic


Sunday night I was doing my weekly meal prep and I reach into the freezer pulling out lamb chops. At the time it sounded fussy for a weeknight meal, however, after a long shift at work and a quick cooking method these lamb chops are anything but fussy.

This was my first time cooking them at home and I have to say, I impressed myself and may have been turned on to a new red meat.

The lamb chops are marinated in a garlic olive oil blend and then pan seared for a couple minutes on each side before a quick bake in the oven. Serve it with a side of mashed cauliflower, green beans and if you aren't on some restricted eating plan (*cough, Whole30, *cough), a bottle, err, glass of Merlot or Pinot Noir and you have a restaurant quality meal for a fraction of the price and on the table in under 15 minutes.

I guess it was the price point at restaurants that had me thinking lamb chops were a fussy meat.

These lamb chops were so tender and juicy they will have you picking them up with your hands and gnawing on the bone to get every bit of meat possible.

I'll be glad the next time I score a deal on some lamb chops to make this one again.

Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Garlic
Adapted From: Primal Palate
Makes 4 Lamb Chops

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 lamb shoulder chops
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • dried thyme, salt and pepper, to taste
And Action:

Marinate the lamb chops in 1 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and spices for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 

Sear the chops for 2 minutes on each side. 

Bake for 2 minutes, remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment