Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Doin' Some Cookin'... Cool Ranch Chicken

Cool Ranch Doritos are one of my favorite guilty pleasures. I love that seasoning and yes, I always lick my fingers clean and use my teeth to scrape off every bit stuck to them. One night a couple months ago after eating a bag of Doritos late night I broke out into hives. I had to take a benadryl. I tried them one more time after that and ended up popping a benadryl again. Why did this have to happen to me?!

On the bright side, Doritos are effin' terrible for me and my waistline so this was a blessing in disguise.


I do miss that cool ranch seasoning so I was excited when I was scrolling through my feed on Instagram and came across a recipe for Cool Ranch Chicken and I had all of the ingredients on hand.

The seasoning blend tasted close and the smell was spot on.

Little Man requested I make him a chicken sandwich out of it and I ate a chicken breast with a side of sautéed red and green cabbage with shredded carrots. If I wasn't on Whole30 I would have shredded the chicken and used it for tacos.

Cool Ranch Chicken
Adapted From: @whole30recipes on Instagram
Makes 2 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 2 chicken breast cutlets
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 taco seasoning packet 
  • 1 ranch seasoning packet
And Action:

Combine all ingredients in a ziploc and toss to coat. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook the chicken breast for 4-5 minutes on each side. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment