Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Doin' Some Cookin'... Pomegranate Blueberry Green Tea Smoothie

It seems like everyone around me is sick. I've been taking the necessary precautions to avoid catching whatever is going around, not touching my face, your face, washing my hands, hoping you've washed yours, and popping Vitamin C and garlic supplements.

Call it the "placebo effect" if you will, but I'm a big believer that since we've switched our diets to mostly organic and steering clear of most processed foods (everything in moderation, though) I've noticed we haven't been sick all year. Knock on wood. I chalk it up to Whole Paycheck Foods.

There's something about shopping there that makes me feel healthy. Every weekend we go on Sunday and I try my best to stick to the shopping list, however, I'm a sucker for new items and whenever I see another shopper I can't help but see what they're grabbing. Sometimes I feel like I just have to have what they're having but then I don't know what to do with that item most times.

Case in point, a Whole Foods container labeled "Antioxidant Blend" from the produce aisle with a mix of pomegranate arils and blueberries. As a kid my Aunt Debby would cut open pomegranates for us during the Summer and we'd pick those arils out until our fingers were stained red. I loved them just as they were Now, the texture of those arils is gritty and I don't enjoy popping them like I use to. What was I going to do with this mix?

I don't know about you but I got a guy. His name is Google. He's got the best ideas, gives great advice, knows everything, and is pretty darn reliable.


Came across this recipe for a Pomegranate Blueberry Green Tea Smoothie and knew I had to try this since I had everything on hand. By the way, why do I even have matcha green tea powder?

This smoothie is sweet, tart, and filling, keeping you full until after lunchtime and is packed full of antioxidants, protein, and a natural kick of caffeine to help fight off the flu.

Pomegranate Blueberry Green Tea Smoothie
Adapted From: Tillamook
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 (5.3 oz) container Fage 0% Blueberry Acai yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate blueberry juice
And Action:

Pulse all ingredients in a blender until desired consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment