Thursday, September 10, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Chicken Salad with Grapes


One of my absolute favorite chicken salads comes from H-E-B. It is so unhealthy though with 30g of fat per serving. As much as I'm looking forward to sweater weather I don't want it to be because I'm trying to hide the fat I'm packing around.

So a healthier chicken salad recipe is needed for when that craving hits.

This one uses yogurt instead of mayo which I think brightens up chicken or tuna salad and this uses a store-bought rotisserie chicken so I still get some of that H-E-B taste I know and love.

The celery was no longer good when I went to make our lunches so I had to go without. Next time I'll make sure I can add it for that crunch I like in my chicken salads... maybe with some onions too.

Chicken salad makes it's way into my son's lunchbox rotation and he loved this variation.

Chicken Salad with Grapes
Makes 2 Servings

Stars of the Show:
  • 8 oz rotisserie chicken, skin removed
  • nonfat Greek yogurt, to taste
  • poultry seasoning, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
  • splash of lemon juice
And Action:

Place chicken in a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well to combine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment