Monday, September 7, 2015

Doin' Some Cookin'... Avocado Toast with Tomatoes

I have absolutely no self control when it comes to chips, salsa, and guacamole. I always fill up on them before we even get to ordering the food and leave the restaurant feeling uncomfortably stuffed.

Can't believe I'm trying to convince you this is even a recipe. Might as well tell you how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich next.

With trying to eat healthier I topped toast with avocado mashed with lime juice, salt and pepper, mixed with cherry tomato halves. I get the goodness of guacamole without all the extra carbs, fat, and sodium. Not as fun, but it is filling and tasty.

Made for a quick snack and gave me energy to sort through my giant stack of mail that I've put off for a couple months... no joke, but was rewarded with a refund check for an overage from when Little Man got four of his baby teeth pulled. $250 jackpot!


Avocado Toast with Tomatoes
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/4 avocado
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 tsp lime juice
  • 1 slice multigrain bread, toasted
  • 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
And Action:

Mash avocado with the lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Mix in the cherry tomatoes.

Top toast with mixture. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment