Saturday, December 6, 2014

Doin' Some Cookin... Pumpkin Spice Latte

2 things...

1) I know it's time for Christmas brain and

2) No one is thinking about pumpkin after November but...

I saved a recipe for a Pumpkin Spice Latte but never got around to making it during the appropriate season. You know how best of intentions go and how sleep is more important. So I settled for Starbucks saving the recipe for another time.

I fall for it every time at least once a Fall season... a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. After getting to the bottom of my Venti I remember why I only get it once. It's too sweet and getting seasonal favorites from Starbucks Skinny or nonfat is just no fun... and yes, I know, I've heard and read the countless stories floating around on the Internet about steering clear since there is no "pumpkin" anything in their version. 

My version is spicy, actually contains pumpkin, and is topped with a healthy dose of real whipped cream. Don't expect this to taste anywhere close to what Starbucks produces but have piece of mind you will taste the pumpkin and know exactly what's in your PSL. 


Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 cup brewed black coffee
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • pumpkin pie spice, to taste
  • dash of cayenne pepper
And Action:

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat to desired temperature. Make sure to continuously whisk to keep the milk from burning on the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment